Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 27th, 2015, 2:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Help-rattle/ body flex in a 2009 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2010, 12:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help-rattle/ body flex in a 2009 Silverado

My truck is a 2009 silverado 4x4 hybrid with 11,000 miles. My problem is that the bed or back half of the truck rattles and squeaks very noticeably even with the stereo up at half volume, ( only at about 40MPH and under) it has done this for as long as i can recall but has gotten worse. I took the truck to the dealer twice; first they blamed it on my soft bed cover that came with my truck, i removed it and brought it back, nothing had changed. the second time they said that they had multiple people drive the truck but only found a "body flex noise", when i picked up the truck it rattledon the way out of the parking lot and the service manager acknowledged that he had heard the same thing and found it irritating but nothing had been done. I use to drive a 2006 super duty and still have the truck, I know it is a Ford and not a Chevy, but it does nothing of the sort, as well as any of my friends trucks. I really like the truck outside of this problem but it is driving me crazy. it is a hard noise to describe but sounds a bit like crinkling paper with a few squeaks. Any advice would be most appreciated.

thanks, Brien
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:31 PM
CF Active Member

check the torque on ALL of the bed attach bolts, maybe spray WD40 on the bed to frame contact points, if the retorque doesnt work and the WD40 does get some plastic, like on a cheap walmart three ring binder and cut into squares. install them between the bed and frame mounts with out being there I dont know what else. except something between the cab and bed.
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:32 AM
CF Beginner

thanks for the advice I will give it a shot. The truck is under warranty, if you were me would you just bring the truck in and ask that this be done (the re-torque)?

thanks again.
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:03 AM
CF Active Member

I don't know what to say on that, I get the feeling that they are not to concerned with your "issue" here. I guess that is up to you, personally if the manager acknowledges the issue but shrugged his shoulders and goes stupid. I wouldn't trust him to wipe my dogs butt! maybe find a "BETTER" dealer to do your warranty work. ??? P>S> just because you bought it there doesn't mean that they have to do the warranty work.

Last edited by tinbender59; September 10th, 2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 2:36 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I would have to agree with tinbender here with getting a second opinion. Sometimes it is the best way to get a resolution. If you could keep me up to date on your situation I would appreciate it very much. If you run into any issues feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 15th, 2010, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for all the input, I am going to take my truck to another dealer and have someone take a ride with me and see what they come up with.