Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Help!!! Truck Not Starting

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2013, 10:47 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Truck Not Starting

I have a 2000 Silverado z71 5.3ltr with 185,000 miles on it. My truck was idling rough and hard to start once it was hot so i changed out the fuel pressure regulator and it fired right up and ran perfectly. I drove about 8 miles and stopped for gas. Once i filled up the truck wouldnt start back up. The ERG valve gasket was dumping fuel out. So i replaced the ERG gasket and the truck still wouldnt fire up or even try to start. At this point all i am getting when i turn the key is a clunk from the starter. So I have the started tested and its still good but I replaced it with a new starter from NAPA. Get it installed and the same thing happens. So I have friend come over and test the battery, the power that the starter is getting, and still nothing. So now ive replaced the positive battery cable, the starter 3 times, the battery, checked all the fuses and relays, and still nothing. Now when i try to start the truck i get a clunk then the starter spins the flywheel super slow which doesnt even try to turn the truck over. It also made the cover sleeve on the wire from the starter to the solinoid melt and smoke. Ive tried starting the truck in neutral and park. Rolling the truck a little. I can easily turn the fly wheel with a screw driver. The crank I can turn with a breaker bar and socket but its not that easy. At this point im out of ideas and need some help anything would be great. Thanks.