Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Hopefully I didn't make a mistake w/new Chevy

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2006, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully I didn't make a mistake w/new Chevy

Just bought my first Chevy a few weeks ago ('07 Classic Silverado 1500HD crew cab) So far, I love it. Much more comfortable than my Ford (always had Fords) F150 that I despised.

But...I thought that I had done my research on it before I bought it and went to a few forums, etc. This is the first time seeing this forum though. I am noticing many problems with trucks that aren't really that old though....is this what I have to look forward to in a few years? I hope not, this truck wasn't cheap! (I won't be eating for 6 years.....)

The only concern I do have are the window buttons as they appear to be cheaply made and it just seems since you have to lift them up to open the windows, that they would be easy to break off????

I did buy this to tow a 2 horse trailer and when I finally did tow last week, something was wrong with the brakes-assuming it is the trailer brakes or the controller??) as my brakes locked when I used the brakes. The trailer brakes locked that is.....but the trailer is only 6 years old and not in need o f new brakes-hardly used. Gotta go next week to the guy who put it in and have it all checked. So, when this is all cleared up, I can't wait to see how this truck tows. My Ford (5.4 w/tow package) was sluggish and I am only towing about 5500 lbs in total (trailer, tack and horse).

I have only 1 regret...not getting the heated leather bucket seats [], but other than that...WOW! I just love this truck!!!!!!!!
Old November 25th, 2006, 2:40 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hopefully I didn't make a mistake w/new Chevy

I've got a 03' 1500 ext cab Silverado LT. I bought it new and the only thing I had was a recall on the tailgate cables. They replaced them with stainless steel cables. No other problems, not even a brake job yet. It gets 16.2 MPG with the 5.3 with or without the A/C. I love my truck and it's name is "Rocky" you know like a rock.