Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

left signal makes wipers go

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2010, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default left signal makes wipers go

I have a 94 Silverado with a 5.7 l V8 I just developed a new problem when I put my left turn signal on my wipers go on my high beam indicator light lights up. I check the front light cables for shorts or wear but could not find any. The right turn signal works fine. I also noticed that my head lights are not working either. When I turn them on the the wipers start to go and the left turn indicator lights and also the high bean indicator lights too. Never had a problem with the electrical before this is a first. Just looking for places to start. I checked the fuses and everthing looks good. One other thing I have owned the truck for 4 years and the hazard lights have never really worked correctly. When I turn them on they blink extremely slow about one flash a minute. Any ideas?

Brian
Old February 13th, 2010, 6:15 PM
CF Active Member

the high /low beam, turn signal, and wiper switch is all one assembly. replace that, sounds like something is broken inside. you will have to remove the steering wheel from the column.
the hazzard lights have a seperate flasher box just like the turn signal flasher up under the dash in the fuse panel that needs replaced.
Old February 14th, 2010, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

It turned out to be a bad ground causing the problems. I did try plugging in a new multifunction turn signal switch as well as disconnecting and reconnecting the high beam and wiper connections. I removed the auxilary battery tray and found the loose connection under it. Case Solved
Old February 14th, 2010, 9:08 PM
CF Active Member

wow thats a new one
Old March 25th, 2021, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default I have the same problem

Originally Posted by briang0
It turned out to be a bad ground causing the problems. I did try plugging in a new multifunction turn signal switch as well as disconnecting and reconnecting the high beam and wiper connections. I removed the auxilary battery tray and found the loose connection under it. Case Solved

I have the same problem if you remember what ground you fixed I would really like to know.
Old March 26th, 2021, 7:08 AM
CF Beginner

Hi Dylan,

I'm sorry that was a long time ago. I believe it was a ground for the head lights. As best I can remember it was under the Aux battery tray. That truck had a plow so I had put a second battery in it. That truck is long gone now. The frame rotted between the cab and the bed.

Regards,
Brian
Old March 26th, 2021, 11:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by briang0
Hi Dylan,

I'm sorry that was a long time ago. I believe it was a ground for the head lights. As best I can remember it was under the Aux battery tray. That truck had a plow so I had put a second battery in it. That truck is long gone now. The frame rotted between the cab and the bed.

Regards,
Brian

okay thanks I also have a 2nd battery and took it all out yesterday and I ground one ground but it wasent under the tray. Their was so wires under the tray. I think it’s time for a mechanic to take a look. Thanks again
Old March 26th, 2021, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

One other thing. I use to have trouble with the ground on my plow lights. I had a separate independent ground that went to the plow frame if that fell off or became corroded the same issue would happen. Just a though.

B