Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Left turn signal acts like hazards

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2021, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Girlsliketrucks
I'm having the same problem but my left and right are going crazy and my front and tail light all work.
replace the flasher module. It's located behind the driver's knee panel. My left turn signal, turned on my hazzards. Replaced tbe module, problem fixed. Part # GM 10383321 from Amazon. It's around $55. Youtube is a good source for "how to find the module" You'll have to remove the instrument cluster bezel, then the knee panel. Super easy.
Old August 24th, 2021, 3:22 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Girlsliketrucks
I'm having the same problem but my left and right are going crazy and my front and tail light all work.
replace the flasher module. It's located behind the driver's knee panel. My left turn signal, turned on my hazzards. Replaced the module, problem fixed. Part # GM 10383321 from Amazon. It's around $55. Youtube is a good source for "how to find the module" You'll have to remove the instrument cluster bezel, then the knee panel. Super easy.
Old August 24th, 2021, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fixitjamie
replace the flasher module. It's located behind the driver's knee panel. My left turn signal, turned on my hazzards. Replaced the module, problem fixed. Part # GM 10383321 from Amazon. It's around $55. Youtube is a good source for "how to find the module" You'll have to remove the instrument cluster bezel, then the knee panel. Super easy.
So it actually was just the flasher relay. $16 at autozone. It was due to me changing my flasher and DRL to leds. My headlights were already leds so I didn't think anything about it. The relay is located underneath the steering column behind the fuse panel. Easy cheap fix!
Old July 7th, 2022, 9:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default 97 Silverado wiring nightmare

Had to replace 7 pin trailer connection and ended up rewiring because of all the wires. Turn signal switch was bad (hazzard button sticking) so I replaced that but was getting no power to the brake relay when pedal was pressed. After several struggles and using a multimeter I disconnected the battery completely and when started testing again most of my problems were fixed except the following.
Right reverse light blinks when hazzards on, alternates with right Hazzard blink.
Right turn signal rapid blinks and reverse lights have weak power when there should be none
Brakes applied and in reverse right reverse light dead. When lights turned on in this situation no lights right side. When turn signal on only get fast flashing signal.Same scenario with hazzards and have nothing on right side and no flash on left.Hazzards on and light turned on both reds flash opposite of reverse light that also flashes.Any and all help appreciated!
Old June 15th, 2023, 11:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default Did you solve the problem

Originally Posted by Darwin Connell
do you have a part # for that by chance? I’m having the same exact issue, changed tail lights, tail light wiring changed the circuit board in the back, check all the fuses and even ran through some grounds. When the head lights are off the brake lights work fine and the blinkers do the same thing, but when I turn the head lights on the blinkers won’t work proper they actually make the reverse lights flash as well and the left brake light won’t work.
I have the exact same problem with my 2003 Suburban. Did changing the flasher relay work? If it didn't work then did you find a solution that did?