Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Need help kinda quick

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2009, 7:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help kinda quick

...please.

1996 Z71...when I was taking the dash panel out to get to the radio, it came out kinda tough and when it went across the top of the steering column it busted off the hazard switch...so my hazards are now on non stop. I found the relay and pulled it...great...or so I thought.

Now everytime I step on the brake with that relay pulled my amber driving lights in the front come on.

Not sure what to do...I need to get this resolved...it's my daily driver...help!
Old April 22nd, 2009, 8:01 PM
CF Junior Member

update - turns out I pulled the turn signal flasher...not the hazard flasher. I can't find the hazard flasher...haynes manual says it's behind the main light switch. I looked and can't find it. Any suggestions?
Old April 22nd, 2009, 9:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Did a bit more research...looks like there isn't a hazard flasher and it's all built into the stalk...fantastic...another job
Old April 22nd, 2009, 9:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck cant help you out there
Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

If you broke the hazard botton it will need to be replaced. Unfortunately the only way to do it is to get a whole new unit (turn signal, cruise, wiper blade, that whole thing). It is not that bad, 2hrs to replace. I had to replace my becuase my hazard button will not come un-clicked to make them come on (the opposite problem you have). I bought a cheap unit off Ebay and switched out just the hazard buttons since the rest of the "new" unit was basically a piece of junk, but I now have a working hazard lights. The buttons are not that hard to switch out, its just getting the new button thats the problem.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 5:17 PM
CF Junior Member

That's what I had found out...but I did some research when I got to work this morning, and found this:

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic595263.htm

The local dealer had it in stock for around $15...got home and put it in within 5 minutes...worked perfectly.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 8:39 PM
Super Moderator

Thats great! I wish I had found that before I did mine!