Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 5:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

Need info on leveling kits..

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2021, 1:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proryde on jl4

Hello, New here. I just got a PRORYDE Adjustable Front Leveling Kit for a 07 Tahoe LTZ 4x4. But apparently I have JL4 suspension which I didn’t know I had, according to PRORYDE it’s not compatible with my suspension. I would like to know why It’s not compatible. Any info would be greatly appreciated
Old April 22nd, 2021, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ivan Mendez
Hello, New here. I just got a PRORYDE Adjustable Front Leveling Kit for a 07 Tahoe LTZ 4x4. But apparently I have JL4 suspension which I didn’t know I had, according to PRORYDE it’s not compatible with my suspension. I would like to know why It’s not compatible. Any info would be greatly appreciated
The JL4 code refers to the electronic suspension control. The parts should fit, but you may get an error message on your dash saying to check stabilitrak. I went ahead and did it and just ignored the message as it doesn't really affect anything other than ride quality, which you'll sacrifice anyway

Last edited by big chimpin; April 22nd, 2021 at 10:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ivan Mendez (April 22nd, 2021)
Old April 22nd, 2021, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Just Realized why it won’t work. I have the Air Ride Suspension, so the Top of the Struts have plugs for Electric Sensor. The PRORYDE Adjustable Leveling Kit blocks that by having the Adjustment Plate. Bummer.
Old April 23rd, 2021, 12:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ivan Mendez
I Just Realized why it won’t work. I have the Air Ride Suspension, so the Top of the Struts have plugs for Electric Sensor. The PRORYDE Adjustable Leveling Kit blocks that by having the Adjustment Plate. Bummer.
Even better honestly. I had to unplug those because my lift blocks were in the way, and it doesn't even throw a dash light, it'll just give you a check suspension message on the dash. Because of the angle of the plug, you'll want to look for a kit that mounts at the bottom of the strut, because anything at the top will block the plug.