Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Needle pin bearings in oil "not rocker arm"

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2020, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased the engine from JEGS. It was between $3k-$4k. I did the swap myself. Since I am a student and full time employee, it took a while to find the time, but it wasn't that hard to do. If i find pictures of the damaged bearings, I'll post them. It might help with the bearing count per lifter.
Old September 4th, 2020, 8:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sharing more.. hope this helps others. I removed heads.. Rockers were intact so no pins from rockers. All lifters look good except 1 lifter on cylinder 1 (towards cab side) won’t come out. It does turn and will come out about 1 inch but stops. I am leaving it for now. Per pics I found some lifters showing pins so they do exist. Of 3 pics I found 2 of them have 17 pins and another 18 pins. I have found 16 in my oil pan. I have not opened my filter but think none can get in it due to the metal screen.

I am going to rebuild top of engine (it is needed) with all new Melling products. I also am replacing cam.

any advice on the stuck lifter? Maybe try to remove cam first ?