Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

New 2014 Ssilverado 1500 Double Cab! Help with a couple problems...

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2014, 6:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2014 Ssilverado 1500 Double Cab! Help with a couple problems...

Hi all,

Love my new Silverado. But there are a couple things bugging me, I cannot figure out, and other than a trip to the service department maybe someone else has a solution.

1. How to reset the average MPG on top of the instant MPG display (not the 'best average" on the bottom). The manual says to press or hold the check mark and it will reset the average MPG. It doesn't. All other button functions on the steering and scrolling thru that DIC all work fine. Ideas?

2. Nav: I programmed in an address (my home) and navigated to it. Then from recents, I selected 'save', and from the dropdown menu I selected "save as home address." And it did. But I cannot get a voice command to guide me home. I've tried everything (Navigate to home, navigate to home address, navigate to contact home, take me to home address, guide me home etc etc.) The prompt keeps repeating "same a contact name as it wants a nametag of some sort, and I cannot find a way to add a name tag (clicking on edt addy, no option to add a name tag). Any ideas how this should work? My sales guy was clueless and had no idea.

Thx!!!
Old June 25th, 2014, 6:34 PM
CF Beginner

Have you tried the "config" for navigation settings to turn on voice commands?
Old June 26th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ucla81
Hi all,

Love my new Silverado. But there are a couple things bugging me, I cannot figure out, and other than a trip to the service department maybe someone else has a solution.

1. How to reset the average MPG on top of the instant MPG display (not the 'best average" on the bottom). The manual says to press or hold the check mark and it will reset the average MPG. It doesn't. All other button functions on the steering and scrolling thru that DIC all work fine. Ideas?

2. Nav: I programmed in an address (my home) and navigated to it. Then from recents, I selected 'save', and from the dropdown menu I selected "save as home address." And it did. But I cannot get a voice command to guide me home. I've tried everything (Navigate to home, navigate to home address, navigate to contact home, take me to home address, guide me home etc etc.) The prompt keeps repeating "same a contact name as it wants a nametag of some sort, and I cannot find a way to add a name tag (clicking on edt addy, no option to add a name tag). Any ideas how this should work? My sales guy was clueless and had no idea.

Thx!!!
Hey there,

Congrats on the new Silverado! Have you considered talking the vehicle into your dealership to take a look into this concern? They can possibly come up with a solution to all of this. If you would like me to assist you, please feel free to reach out to me via PM.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 27th, 2014, 4:17 AM
CF Beginner

Went through all the config setting with the primary tech at the dealer and there was no option to fix the mpg issue.

We did solve programming 'home' into GPS. It's not easy and the manual is not clear at all how to do it.

Resetting the average MPG. Yes I went to the dealer, and even called GM customer care. No one can figure out how to do it - and all agree the manual must be incorrect because pressing the check mark or holding it down does not reset the average MPG like the manual says it does. Frustrating.....