Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

New Chevy owner with a couple Q's

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2011, 9:23 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SquireSCA
1GCEC19X77Z126879

I am pretty sure I need the basic harness. With that I should be able to buy just about any radio that will fit in there without having to shell out $100 for an adapter.

Thanks!
You would press the CD/AUX button to play a CD when listening to the radio. The inactive CD will remain safely inside the radio for future listening. This button is also used to switch between multiple discs in the drive if your vehicle is equipped with a multi-CD player. The CD/AUX button is also for the rear entertainment system if your vehicle is equipped with that as well. Unfortunately, I can’t comment on what type of wiring harness you would need to replace the stock one with. I hope this information has helped you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 20th, 2011, 7:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... Is it possible to get my hands on a wiring diagram for this radio?

No OnStar, no built in XM, only 4 speakers, it is about as basic as it can get. Keep in mind that while this is a 2007 model, it is the "classic", which means it is really a 2006 model which was before they changed to the new body style, upgraded radio system, etc...

If I can get the wiring diagram for this radio's plug, I will just cut the wires and solder everything up like I used to do years ago before they had all these aftermarket adapters and things.

I have have to go old-school. haha