Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

new chevy guy here .. couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2007, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new chevy guy here .. couple of questions

hey boys and girls ..

first time chevy owner here ... actually soon to be owner. awaiting delivery on an 07 black ltz.

always been a forum user for my past vehicles...i know there is a new member forum here...however the tahoe board is the only one i'll frequent.

past cars/toys:

04' buell xb9r
98' nissan maxima
99' cadillac catera
04' pontiac gto
07' kia sorento (current truck)

just got rid of the GTO ... have baby on the way. recently bought an 07' kia sorento lx 4x4 with the sport package. giving that to the wife once the tahoe arrives and getting rid of her kia sportage.

with the wife getting a new car without even asking ... i get my new toy...i think i somehow planned it this way....finally a tahoe! i've wanted one for ages.

first question ..

what are you guys paying for your new trucks? i've got an invoice of 53k ...after discounts and talkin the dealership down, i'm at 45k. this is a black ltz with all the goodies(nav, chrome, eng. heater)..... is this decent or can i get em lower?

i'd like to put some bigger/flashy wheels on it.... 22 or 24's .. what series rubber are you guys using without getting any rubbing? of course i want to keep as much of the comfy ride as possible as well ...

and the backup camera system ... does this only work while in neutral(i can figure this out later just curious)...

look forward to chattin with you guys

jk from milwaukee

Old September 4th, 2007, 7:58 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new chevy guy here .. couple of questions

The backup camera works with the vehicle in reverse. You can get a "lockpick" tool (one example here) that will allow you to operate it at any time, among other things.

My LTZ Suburban has factory 20s and I suppose it's a comfortable enough ride considering what it is, but larger diameter wheels imply shorter tire sidewalls, which is always going to lead to a reduction in ride comfort.