Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

New guy with a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2015, 12:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New guy with a couple questions

Hello all, im new to the site but not to the caprice lol. sunday im looking to pick up my third one, a 96 9c1 . i guess i just want to know if im getting a good deal, it has 177k on the body and about 25k on the engine and trans. it needs a brake line and the fuel pump is in but not hooked up, not a hard fix to me. I'm picking it up for $1200. good deal? any feedback would be appreciated.
Old February 7th, 2015, 11:05 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

What is the body like? Any rust? Is it badly dented? Do you know if it will run if the fuel pump is hooked up? These questions need to be answered to determine if it is a good buy.
Old February 8th, 2015, 8:36 AM
CF Beginner

If you spray fuel into the intake it fires right up. As far as rust goes we're in michigan so theres some lol. Its not bad though, the worst part is on the inner fenders under the hood which are rusted pretty bad. No dents on the body and the paint is in decent shape, good for being 19 years old. i pulled the carpet up in the trunk and even the rear fenders are good, inside and out. It seems like a good deal to me but i figured i would ask the pros. Thanks for the reply
Old February 8th, 2015, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

The value is all in where you place it my man. $1200 is not a s@#t ton of cash these days for a "running" car.
You got it to start, so that's a plus right there.
Any of us that love the 4th Gens know that we have em' cause we love em...they're not an investment lol.
You got a runner, and hopefully the tranny works too. Get it on the road and have fun. Keep it stock or hot rod it... Take it to cruise nights or the track... it's your ride. If you're happy with it, you got a good deal.
Old February 8th, 2015, 7:21 PM
CF Beginner

I ended up getting it for 1100. Engine and trans were supposedly rebuilt 25 k ago and in the last ten years the second owner put 3500 miles on it according to the title. it needs some pb blaster taken to the throttle linkage, its a bit sticky. i want to replace it with an 85mm from an f body though. That was well put man im absolutely in love with it shes gonna be a mean sleeper lol. cant wait til it warms up, im gonna eat rice and foxbodys lol. Thanks for the input i appreciate it