Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

New Headlight?

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2012, 5:24 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Headlight?

Need to replace the headlight in my 2007 classic, is this hard to do, just turned 100k on it so I might as well change both of them while I'm at it, should I look for anything new in headlights, kind of lost on this, thanks matt
Old December 6th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The actual light or the whole housin? Pop the hood, should be 2 L shaped pins holdin it in(if it's like my 01), pull em up and the headlight housin literally falls, twist the light out, unplug it, and reverse for install
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gray gables
Need to replace the headlight in my 2007 classic, is this hard to do, just turned 100k on it so I might as well change both of them while I'm at it, should I look for anything new in headlights, kind of lost on this, thanks matt
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> gray gables,

To replace a headlamp bulb, do the following:

1. Open the hood.

2. Remove the pin on the headlamp assembly by turning the pin up and pulling it straight out.

3. Pull the headlamp assembly out.

4. Unplug the electrical connector.

5. Turn the old bulb counterclockwise and remove it from the headlamp assembly.

6. Put the new bulb into the assembly and turn it clockwise until it is tight.

7. Plug in the electrical connector.

8. Reinstall the headlamp assembly.

9. Install the pin and turn it into the locking feature.

Please refer to pages 530 and 531 of the owner’s manual.

Please see attached images for a visual.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Attached Thumbnails New Headlight?-headlightreplacement.jpg   New Headlight?-headlightreplacement2.jpg  

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Service; December 7th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.