Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Opinions please!

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2008, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions please!

Hi,
I'm looking to buy a 2008 Silverado 1500 4wd with the LT1 package. I have found that these forums are the best source of honest opinions. What's the pros? Whats the cons? Do you like the fuel management system or is it a problem. Any common problems with the Silverados? I had a 2000 2wd Silverado and really liked it, until the son-in-law wrapped it around an interstate barrier. You opinions will make the difference in my purchase.
Thanks
Old January 23rd, 2008, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Opinions please!

Tin,

I bought the same truck pretty much (2007 NBS Silverado Z71) with the LT1 package. I did not however get the LT1 conv. package and part of me wishes I had. As you well know this adds the DIC I believe, steering wheel stereo controls, dual climate control, foglights, etc.

If I had it to do over again, I probably would have gotten these but I got a really good deal on the truck and I LOVE it. The truck itself is great and I am adding the DIC and putting in an aftermarket stereo anyway so no big deal. I hope this helps yousome. Please feel free to get back with me here or pm me.

James

Old January 24th, 2008, 9:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Common complaint has been on the interior seat fabric holding lint for the cloth seats. I have the leather so I missed out on that!! I opted to go with the LT2 package. Since I have a small garage, width and depth wise, I like the power folding mirror feature.

20's seem to sap the fuel mileage a couple of mpg. I think the 18s do better. The fuel management system that shuts down 4 of the cylinders really only works in town or down hills I have found.

All in all, a very good truck and I would recommend one to about anyone.
Old January 25th, 2008, 8:44 AM
CF Beginner

I bought a 2007 Silverado 1500 4wd with the LT1 package, the LT1 cov package and such. I really enjoy the truck. 1. Get leather. The AFMS is nice, and is not bothersome. It can save gas. The 4wd is nice as well. My truck has the 3.73 gears, so it's not a drag racer off the line. But it's no drag racer to begin with. Very classy truck. Well built. Some wind noise, but not so bad.
Old January 25th, 2008, 9:41 AM
CF Junior Member

I have an 07 NBS Crew LTZ and I love the ride the fuel usage is about what I expected. I have the 20`s and the heavy towing/3.73`s. The only real trouble I have had was the Sunroof leaking and a nagging drivers side mirror shake. Both were repaired at the dealership under warranty,[3 trips for mirror, 4 for the sunroof]. Performance is very good as delivered. I have added an S@B filters CAI and am about to add an exhaust.
Old January 25th, 2008, 11:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Let me know what you think about your exhaust Fireguy8. I'm considering doing that as well.
Old January 26th, 2008, 1:38 AM
CF Beginner

The LT1 package is probably the best for the most basic features. I have the LT1 w/5.3 AFM and love it. I get 21 MPG at 70 w/cruise on my 15 mile trip into work. Very solid truck with enough pep to do most things. My second Silverado after an F150 and to date my favorite truck.
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

Hey I own pretty much the same truck a nbs 07' 5.3 gas, be CAREFULL with the exhaust you choose. Word has it, from some that it may sound like a rice burner with a 4cyl, ya know a fartin exhaust, when its in 4cyl mode? Exhaust and a cold air intake was my first choice for a mild hop up, but after talking to some of the gear heads here, I m not sure i wanna invest in a cat back exhaust?