Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

R.A.P for 2012 Silverado LTZ passenger door

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2021, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R.A.P for 2012 Silverado LTZ passenger door

I have a radio question about the 2012 Chevy Silverado LTZ my radio in my truck shuts off fine with the drivers door when you open it but if you open the passenger Door or any other door on the truck the radio stays on its a 4 door crewcab My question is the radio suppose to shut off with the other doors or is it just suppose to shut off with the drivers door the dome lights and all that work just fine with the all the doors. Id have a hard time believing that 3 sensors could be bad in the doors. I found this out when I climbed in my truck to get all the rpo codes out of the glovebox and I turned on the ignition for some heat and I shut the truck off and got back out of the passenger door the radio stayed on I went over to the drivers door and opened it and the radio shutoff. Is it possible that its just linked to the drivers door. after seeing it didn't shutoff with the passenger door I tried all the other doors and the radio stayed on with all the doors it only shuts off with the drivers door. I'm new to the Forum here But Id greatly appreciate any help Here. If any of you happen to own A 2012 Silverado let me know if the rap is only linked to the drivers door. I really do appreciate any help you guys can give here