Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado Backup Camera?

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2009 | 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default Silverado Backup Camera?

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been asked (I'm new to the forum and couldn't find anything on this) but, is Chevy offering a stock backup camera on the Silverado?

Thanks in advance.
Old August 30th, 2009 | 11:09 PM
CF Monarch

I think its an option. Not sure though.
Old August 31st, 2009 | 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure what trim package it comes with, but yes.

They are also available in parts stores for @125$.
Old August 31st, 2009 | 10:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Silverado Backup Camera?

I seen one at AutoZone before I went over to the Middle East, I believe it was under $100.

Here's one from Amazon; $89.99

http://www.amazon.com/Winplus-Wirele.../dp/B000ZNSCES

Sam's Club; $79.81

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=415008

success,
Old August 31st, 2009 | 3:52 PM
Banned

there is an option for the new body styles, but it wil ONLY work with the factory nav option
Old September 7th, 2009 | 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Arrow Silverado Backup Camera

I just bought my 09 and the have it as an option. they are selling only the one that is in the rear view mirror and not the one that hooks to the Nav. The reaview mirror one cost ~$1195 installed and ~$995 take-home. Very Pricey!! I am trying to hook an aftermarket to my current one but having some difficulty... I have the camera installed and run but I Was going to use the LockPick GMX-322 for the interface. I installed the cotten-picken thing today and it would not work. The Nav Radio would shut off after 45 seconds to a minute and couldn't be turned back on until i disconnected the LockPick (LP). It happended twice (once with the camera plugged in and once with out it connected) so decided to remove it before I damaged something... The LP is a "plug and play" which means i did no wiring at all so I don't think I could have been the problem.... My radio has the bluetooth as well as all the stuff -XM - Traffic...

I am wondering if i can plug the camera directly to the radio but i have read in previous threads that it requires a interface/communications module but don't know if i have one or need to install one... My radio is the Denso 20807044 with the Bose system and it is suppose to take a camera. I had the Dealer program it for a camera but i can't tell if they really did or not.

Hopefully someone will know what i need to do now!!

Last edited by tx-silverado; September 7th, 2009 at 6:22 PM. Reason: spelling???
Old September 7th, 2009 | 9:21 PM
CF Active Member

is it just me, or are people getting lazy. backup cameras? do people not learn how to drive their vehicles anymore? im old fashioned and im only 21. i hate all that navigation and tv's and 10,000 speakers and w/e else people are putting in their cars now days. whatever happened to maps and knowing where the corners and sides of your vehicle are? i honestly think its just laziness.
Old September 8th, 2009 | 12:59 PM
Banned

X4(brown connector) of the nav radio pins 6(+) and pin 7(-) are the leads for the backup camera.
You'll know if the radio is programmed properly if when you put the vehicle into reverse, the screen changes to the to a black image(with a camera installed the camera image will be displayed). If you don't see this, you may need to turn it on within the options of the nav radio, or it was not properly programmed
Old September 25th, 2009 | 6:27 PM
CF Active Member

Dude a back up camara is not for lazy people, is for smart ones like me.
i have to hook up a trailer by myself almost every day, and the camara really helps,
plus parallel parking is a piece of cake!!! just grow up a little more man.
Old April 14th, 2010 | 7:25 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by shawnvw
there is an option for the new body styles, but it wil ONLY work with the factory nav option
Can you tell us what that option is please?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Silverado Backup Camera?