Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado Brake Problems....

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2006, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado Brake Problems....

2000 Silverado ext cab, brakes gave out after having to apply extreme pressure to avoid hitting a blue hair.....abs started jumping and then they went to the floor...the leak is between the cab and the bed above the gas tank....i have found what I think is a recall however I have not heard directly from Chevy....

thanks!

wagreg@hotmail.com
Old July 23rd, 2006, 7:23 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Silverado Brake Problems....

go to the recall section in the top of the forum and i think there are a few recalls to do withh brake peices on your truck. look i=to see if there is one that matches the leak on your truck. that should help you out some.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks, I see that now... right under my nose
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:51 AM
CF Beginner

I don't know if your truck will be covered by a recall of some kind. Regardless, you have a brake line leaking. My 91 did the same thing recently (line the rear brakes rusted). The location can be a real pain, but that line needs to be replaced. You'll need to remove either the bed or the gas tank (take your pick). You should be able to find replacement line at any auto parts store. Since the master cylinder is probably empty of fluid on that side, you will need to start the bleeding process at the master cyl, then just open the bleeder valves at the wheels and just let it run till the fluid comes out both bleeders. Be sure you keep fluid in the master cyl while you wait. Take your time, and be careful, but you'll get it done.
Good Luck and God Bless,
Revredneck
Old July 24th, 2006, 2:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replied in your other thread in the silverado section and it just hit me. I do remember a brake line recall on the newer silverados. I beleive it was on the front though. I can't remember exactly but I would definatly call up the dealership. Tell them your problem and ask them to go and look to see if their is an open recall on your truck. Have your vin number handy cause their gonna want to know that. And if they give you any BS of well you need to bring it in or anything then tell them straight up no. Just ask them to look to see if their is an open recall.