Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 1:40 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Silverado HID Install

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2008, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado HID Install

Hi all! I just got my HID's in the mail yesterday and installed them on my truck this morning. I am real excited to see what they look like at night. Anyone ever put a pair of HID's on their silverado? The install was pretty simple. For 155 bucks, everything was pretty simple actually. I would definitely recommend getting HID's! I will upload some pics when I get the chance! Any commands would be appreciated!
Old June 19th, 2008, 5:09 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Silverado HID Install

I have HIDs on my Blazer and they are truly awesome. [/align]Post pics for sure![/align]
Old June 22nd, 2008, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

i just put 6000k white HID on my 2008 and they are crazy. I think 4-5 people a night flash there lights at me thinking im high beaming them. LOL I think im gonna put them in the high beems too. Got them off of ebay for $70.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

I have xenon HID's in my 2007 silverado in the high/low/and fogs(in the fogs are a set of HID High beam because the casing grooves and the wire harness fits...so i said why the hell not)

I also did the fuse box diode thing to wear my fogs can be turned on and off as normal with my low beams, but when i hit the high beams my high/low/and fogs come on!! So as swoosh1977 said, when i have my low beams on people flash their lights at me and then when i hit the high beam they get to see "The Shocker" as ive nick named my high/low/and fog combo seeing how i would have 2 sets of high beams going with a set of low beams haha!!

The HID's are by far are on my top list of upgrades!!

Also, yall are talking about the real HID's right? The ones with the ballist... not just the bulb right??

I would post some pictures of the light and my truck but im experiencing some problems trying to post links to my photobucket pictures... it give me "FORBIDDEN You dont have permission to access /postpro.asp on this server"... any help??
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
CF Active Member

your post is too long, break it up and it wont stop you from posting, also, you might wanna try just copying and pasting the links to the pictures
Old June 27th, 2008, 8:23 AM
CF Junior Member

I had some on one of my trucks before my little accident. I will be putting some on my other one though! I love 'em
Old June 27th, 2008, 8:53 PM
CF Beginner

What brand are they and where did you get them from?
Old June 29th, 2008, 9:27 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on behalf of all drivers on the road that are being continuously blinded by HID headlights, to the verge of crashing into something, thank you for being so much inconsiderate of other drivers. if you think that "people flashing at you" is fun, just for a moment, think WHY they are flashing. because they can't see squat for the next 10-15 seconds, as trucks are so high that those lights cut straight into retinas and optic nerve. of course, who cares, i am a free man in a free country and do whatever i want to, don't i? and if you don't like it, then **** off, right? oh, just wait untill the time of reckoning will come.....
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

Well my factory lights LOW beam i get flashed all the time atleast once or twice a night 3 lanes or so over on oncomming traffic on interstate.
and thats from the factory so im pretty sure its not just he HIDs.
Old June 29th, 2008, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

I JUST INSTALLED A SET OF HID'S IN MY 2008 CREWCAB AND I LOVE THEM! BEST MOD SO FOR!

Quick Reply: Silverado HID Install