Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 1:40 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Silverado HID Install

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Silverado HID Install

post a cpl pics of them if you can.
what color did you go with
or rather who can tell me what i need to go with
to get the abslout WHITE. light the daylight look
Old June 30th, 2008, 9:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Silverado HID Install

take it easy ukrkoz. they are just lights. We are not just trying to blind people. I don't think it needs to go as far as the day of reckoning.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Help

Originally Posted by 87Moose
take it easy ukrkoz. they are just lights. We are not just trying to blind people. I don't think it needs to go as far as the day of reckoning.
Yeh wow take a chill pill dude..........Hey i just got my HID conv. kit and the wiring diagram sent is messed up neeed some help please....2007 Tahoe
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:56 AM
CF Active Member

6 of my 10 lights up front are illegal already, so why not make them all illegal? I'm thinking about getting some HID's, but I was wondering; Don't they get really hot, to the point where they can melt plastic. I would hate for them to melt my headlight housing or lense. Also, how difficult are they to install, and are they an OEM fit?
Old April 1st, 2011, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

To ukrkoz. You wouldnt have this problem if you dont look at the headlights. look passed them like every other person ive been in cars and trucks and had HID driving towards me whether on the freeway or side road they dont bother you as long as you dont look right at the headlight so basically common sense.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 1:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by speedy58
Well my factory lights LOW beam i get flashed all the time atleast once or twice a night 3 lanes or so over on oncomming traffic on interstate.
and thats from the factory so im pretty sure its not just he HIDs.

I feel like that's probably an issue with the way your headlights are aimed. I'm pretty sure they can be adjusted to point a little lower, can't they?
Old April 8th, 2011, 9:26 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know I have been flashed with stock lights since day one, so you would think why gm would put them that high? but don't get me wrong I like them a lot, they are just a little brighter that normal.
anyway I just got HID's on my fogs and yes I love them, but I hate to see others with really bright HID's 'cause the human eye tends to stare at the lights, plus there's nothing else to see!!!!!!!!!!!! it comes to the point to where I close my eyes until the other car has passed!
Old April 8th, 2011, 2:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

2009 factory lights are very good but the hids are 3x better. i installed a beamer hid kit for under $200 on the low beams only. it was plug and play. I don't get flashed as my headlights are aimed correctly for the load the truck carries.
Old April 8th, 2011, 3:32 PM
CF Beginner

bla bla bla....this thread is worthless with out pictures!
If it's the best mod how come noone has a picture?
I would like to see the difference between the 6k and the 4k...anyone?
Old April 9th, 2011, 6:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Been running HIDs for a few years and enjoy the white light over conventional yellow. The headlights appear to handle the added heat but beware,after three fog light meltings I have gone back to yellow, OEM.

Quick Reply: Silverado HID Install