Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Surprising my husband with a chevy HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2010, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air cleaner directions

Cleaning the air filter is pretty straight foward. I've attached a link to directions from the K&N website. http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/18627_inst.pdf
I appreciate all your husbands service.
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:36 AM
CF Active Member

I would personally go with 10-20% on the tint so that your husband can see out the rear. If you go with the darkest, which is limo tint (5%), it'll be very difficult for him to see out of the rear and mirror(s) AT NIGHT. Make sure to ask whoever you have install the tint what the legal limit is for the front and back. Some states, like Texas, have limits on how dark you can have your tint. And don't go with the cheapest tint you can find, you'll want a good quality tint. If you go with a cheap tint then with a little time it will purple out (not stay black the way it should) and/or start to bubble/peel from the windshield. And once you put tint on your truck they recommend on using ammonia/ammonium free windshield cleaner on the tint.

Last edited by cam3439; March 8th, 2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old March 5th, 2010, 10:31 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you for all your help! I got the air filter cleaned out really good and by the time all the nasty clumps came out it did turn to a purple color, so I ran the K&N cleaner through it and then re-oiled it. Looks new!

I'm for sure going with the black out effect. The tail lights for sure, black handles, and tail gate handle. I polished the chrome grill that's about all the chrome that is on it. Besides the exhaust tips. Monday I take it in to get the back slider window replaced for the solid then off to the tint shop. Good point on being able to see out the back, I didn't think of that. I will post pictures as I get little things done. I'm so excited for him to see it!

I have to share... After i got it back from the paint shop the black had such a shine it really showed a deep clean dent on the passenger back fender. They pulled it but it went right back in. So I figured out how to get behind the dent on the inside between the sheet metal and the bed, don't LAUGH, but I flattened a basketball and squeezed it in there, after i got it in there I was able to attach a tire pump and needle. I gave it about 15 pumps and the dent popped right out!!! I left it in there because it's in there tight. So NO MORE DENT, my arm in pretty cut up, but the truck looks nice and that's worth it!!! LOL

NEXT ISSUE IS THE STEREO SYSTEM. I have the 2 speakers and the long box that goes under the back seat, strong amp and the main unit. So... how? I know I can figure it out, any suggestions or tips would be helpful! Thanks again, this has been very helpful!
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:10 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one way to fix a dent. I wonder how long it will last. Seeing out the back is not that important. I have 20% over the factory tint in the rear and it is not dark enough for me you can still see in it and i dont want you to be able to see in it. I have no idea about stereo's so i am no help for that

Looking at the pictures in your profile of it. I would say made get some clear parking lights and headlights.

Last edited by 992door; March 5th, 2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:22 PM
CF Veteran

what exactly is the problem you're having with the stereo system?
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:10 AM
CF Beginner

i have to install everything. I have everything it just needs to go in. I'm not sure what wires need to go where. i've already installed the radio and the speakers work that are factory installed. I need to run wires to the amp and speaker box. I don't know how.
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:19 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

for the amp- 10gauge or bigger power wire (red +) directly to battery or junction box under hood. 10 gauge or bigger ground wire (black -) screwed to the closest place on the body you can. from the radio, there should be a blue wire that says something like remote turn on, power ant. this goes to the remote terminal on amp (the last one of the three power wires needed). now, the radio probably has RCA plugs on the back (red and white) might have one set, or two, or three, just depends on the radio. you'll need whatever length RCA cables to go from radio to amp. then it's speaker wires (12 gauge or bigger) from the amp to box. for wiring in general: red is positive or power/ black is negative or ground. use good wire, good rca cables, and a bit of time and patience, you should be rockin.
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

Funny thing everything you just said makes complete sense. I'll get! I'll just have to wait for kids to go back to school so i can get it done. I have 4 kids under the age of 6, so patience and time is a must!! Lol, thanks so much! I'll let you know when I got it!
Old March 7th, 2010, 11:21 PM
CF Veteran

MADDmaxx took the words out of my mouth.lol. but i would go with 4 or 6 gauge for your power to the amp and your ground. you can buy an amplifier installation kit. comes with everything you need. rca wires.power cable,ground cable,amp turn on wire and i think connectors. also we love pics here. snap some pics as you progress or when its finished.
Old March 7th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have actually fixed a dent the same way!! I have 5 percent limo tint in my G6 and I can see fine out of thee back window!

Quick Reply: Surprising my husband with a chevy HELP!!!