Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

tuned port conversion

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2010, 11:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes yes it will it will cause the idle to act really stupid. hopes this helps
Old September 14th, 2010, 8:23 PM
CF Active Member

Angry 2 steps forward and then 1 back

just hought I would update you all, the cam That I have Is to hot for my app, finally got with a MFG that could give me some good facts, in a 3.48 or longer stroke It would be .....ok.... but in a short stroke it is a killer. It turns on about 2500r and runs like a 2 stroke until the intake runs out of air about 5500rs. millage sucks and NO vacuum, all cam driven, so now I get to take the cam out and start over. but it is smooth as glass, balancing makes a differencehope to get it back up with in a couple of weeks, will post results then
Old September 24th, 2010, 9:24 PM
CF Active Member

Default 327 out 400 in

wrong!!!!!!!

Last edited by tinbender59; September 30th, 2010 at 9:20 PM.
Old September 30th, 2010, 9:20 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by ericnottelin
Wow, that looks way COOL!!!! Would love to hear more about hp/torque numbers, track numbers, and of course mpg's

looks like I am back on track, finally!!!, was able to download camquest 6 and was able to run some sim's. Oh just a side note, I am going to use the 327 and reach for the original goals???? may fail but I gotta think I was somewhat right. so anyway, ran the sims found a cam that will "give 400ftlb???" of torque out of the 327 @ 2k??? and 250hp @ 3k. since I was originally shooting for a max RPM of 6k, this will work for my purpose, torque is what I am after not a hot rod. Besides I got a Rare 1951 Kiaser Dragon for building into a hotrod . should be back up and running with in a week, will keep y'all posted
Old October 19th, 2010, 5:45 PM
CF Active Member

Default progress at last!!!!

Ok so I took longer than planned???? today I was able to finaly breath fire into her, then start final adjustments and trims. The motor sounds increadably better, the exaust smells lean as it should on an EFI system. I do have to rerun the valves, as well as put the grill back together, (fresh air intake mod). Also am going to finish cleaning up a few other mods, then back to the High way for some data loging. recient pictures here http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinbender59/ will start a thread for the CIA conversion and install if someone can explain how to get the pictures on this sight?
Old October 19th, 2010, 8:52 PM
CF Active Member

Tin, I hate you, I'm jealous!!! Still can't wait for the track numbers!!! Photo's look awesome. Post your thread here when you start it.

Eric
Old October 25th, 2010, 10:55 AM
CF Active Member

Alright!! I finally was able to find the last major issue, (No idle) turns out that the ECM was programed for 60PSI after all. got it set and she settled into a nice gentile loopy idle. throttle response is crisp and clear. now I will start getting Numbers for you all. stay tuned, same Bat channel same ................ ah that is enough. P.S. it sure is nice to have a 327 under my foot again, there will never be anything like a 327 ever!!! when she hits her sweet R's she lights up like a drag rail!
Old October 25th, 2010, 8:04 PM
CF Active Member

P.S. if anyone is interisted in doing this, i will do a wrightup on it explaining the process start to finish, as well as the thinking behind much of what I have done
Old November 5th, 2010, 8:39 PM
CF Active Member

Today I hooked up to the car trailer to get hay for the horses (4 footed ones). Went about 42 miles, got the hay, and headed home. I am really suprised that I didn't get a ticket, every time that I looked at the spedo, it was past 75. So I started watching, and playing with it. I think it pulls as good as my old 6.5td did, really guys! pulling around 5k trailer and load. It just didn't care, mater of fact it ran better loaded. mannaged 8.8 mpg durring the pull, but what a puller. I guess I can live with that. Not exactly what I had planned, but? since I don't drive it every day, it is close enough running about 14 mpg otherwise. will try to get 0 to 60 times later, as I doubt that I will run her through the 1/4 mile.....ever?
Old November 8th, 2010, 10:56 AM
CF Active Member

Oh come on, you gotta run it down the track once to give us a time/speed!!!

Quick Reply: tuned port conversion