Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

!URGENT!: rear quarter dents from inside.. anyone else??

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2010, 6:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down !URGENT!: rear quarter dents from inside.. anyone else??

I have a 2008 chevy silverado that I bought a little over a year ago.. I have 32K+ miles on the truck. a couple weeks ago we started having some mild weather up here in Maine, so I decided to give the truck a good washing and a coat of wax.. I have seen that a lot of people have been complaining about the quality of the body panels (I agree, my bed rails are dented around the middle of the bed, with the supports protruding outwards that my dealership won't do a thing for), and the paint which i also agree with. I also have a problem with rocks getting INSIDE the fenders apparently, when i was cleaning i notice the bed rails, and around the wheel wells a large number (im talking over 10) of protruding dents on the ditch side. I took this to my dealership and have been being played for about a month now, finally today they took it to their body shop where they found the rocks inside the rear fenders, and they told me their is nothing they can do about it. I personally think this is B.S. and that I am being had. I'm going to go see the owner of the dealership with my uncle who is well known in the automotive world around where I live. I've talked to my buddies who are techs for a competing dealership that sells GMC's and they said (along with my dealership) that they had never seen anything like it.

I put the miles to my trucks (I went back to college and got rid of my '02 7.3 superduty with 250,000 on it for something new with a warranty that would be a little cheaper to run) and spend a lot of time in the northwoods in chase of various game critters, but the forestry outfit I work for, along with many others around for the most part run NBS GM vehicles... and I haven't talked to anyone with the same problem, my uncle's company truck is identical to mine (only difference being his is a base model) and they don't have any problems either.

Sorry if this post is long, but I would like to hear if anyone else knows of any problems, or if anyone else thinks its a load of B.S. that rocks are getting inside the rear fenders. (my truck is still at the body shop, my dealership didn't let me know my truck was ready to be picked up, i had to call at 4:30 to find out that the body shop closed then, needless to say I won't be buying another truck from these fools.)
Old April 6th, 2010, 6:42 PM
CF Active Member

try taking it to a different dealership and see what they say about it.
Old April 6th, 2010, 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

yeah.. i plan on doing that.. next dealership is 50 miles away or so, i just wanted to see if i wasn't the only one with this dilemma in the meantime ..