Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

Vibration Issues

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2012, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration Issues

I have a 2011 Silverado extended cab LT 4X4. It has vibration issues that are most notable around 65-70 mph but also occurs at lower speeds. I took back to dealer and mechanic replaced 3 tires. This seemed to help some but problem still presist. I took back for 2nd time and mechanic indicated he could not detect problem. Was willing to rebalance tires and indicated that the large mirrors may be part of problem. He was willing to rebalance tires but power went off in area so I decided to take back at a different time.

Yesterday, I drove about 200 miles all of which were on the interstate. The problem was really noticable from time to time to the point my wife could feel it in the headrest on the passanger side. I also noticed that waterbottles in center console were vibrating excessively. I have the truck back in the shop today for this issue.

If anyone had had this issue and gotten it resolved would you please post what was done to your vehicle.

thanks
Old January 11th, 2012, 7:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> falcon_25825,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with your Silverado. I am not currently showing any known vibration issues on 2011 Silverado vehicles within my resources.

I may be able to offer additional vehicle information if you PM my your VIN number.

Please keep me posted on what the dealer is able to find.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 27th, 2012, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

Check this thread out https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sil...gh-ride-47102/

This is where everyone was been complaining about the same identical problem. Yet GM has not come up with a solution but I would suggest you post your info in the thread listed above.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

falcon25825 check out the other web sight woodrow mentioned Ive had my truck in 9 times for the same reason as you But some how I found a service manager who sees my point of spending 40 thousand dollars and having a problem like this. Ive drove 3 2012 silveradoes 1 2011 2 2012s all with the same problems They now have had my truck for a week got a call today that it has been traced to the drive shaft I will go out Monday to test drive it to see if they have it fixed. Meanwhile I have the 2012 yellow transformer car to drive, but you cant get the whole deer in the trunk the antlers hang out
Old March 2nd, 2012, 9:02 PM
CF Veteran

if the tires are good and balanced i'd bet its in the ujoints or the driveshaft is out of balance how many miles do u have on it?
Old March 3rd, 2012, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

I have 6,500 mile on it. I too think it has something to deal with drive-trane. It is going back to shop this wednesday
Old March 3rd, 2012, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

I am taking it back to Chevrolet on Wednesday of this coming week. I truly believe it has something to do with drive trane. Even when it is not vibrating it feels as there is something loose/play in sterring. Thanks everyone for your responses. I will let you know if It gets fixed. If not I am going to explore all options in future, As you guys know it is really frustrating and not what a new truck owner would expect.
Old May 18th, 2012, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Hey Falcon not sure if you resolved your vibration issue we to are having a really bad vibration in the front. It started first at 292 miles at Hwy speeds. The dealer refaced the rotors and we were on our way. The 2nd time was at 390 miles the tech replaced the left front brake caliper. The 3rd time at 4848 miles same issue this time they resurfaced the rear rotors. 4th time back to the dealer and they could not duplicate the same vibration we have had since the first time. If any one has a solution we would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks
Old May 18th, 2012, 3:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Good luck getting it fixed been trying to get GM to fix my 3500 . No contact from GM at all . I am going to have go rent a truck to move my fifth wheel . Truck shakes so bad ,I am affraid to drive it with a load behind it. Sad when you have a new truck in the driveway and have to go rent another . I go on vacation in three weeks ,I guess I will have to rent one then also. I think I will rent a ford or a dodge !!!!
Oh by the way the woman at GM cares said they have reports of this problem from several customers.
Old May 19th, 2012, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

I feel really lucky that I found a service manager that acknowledged the vibration existed and told me up front that he would do everything in his powers to fix my problems but that it may take a while to track down. First, he tried replacing wheels from 2012 model, next he took drive-shaft from new truck on lot, these did not help. Next trip he had computer hooked up to monitor vibrations, then, turned all four rotors, examined all wheel bearings and actually removed body from frame and reset to insure truck was properly assembled, these did not help. After two trips to the dealership by GM Engineers they decided to put Michelin P265 / 70 R LTX M/S Tires on the truck. This in my opinion solved the vibration issues my truck had. I feel really fortunate. I did have some vibration when pulling my 12 foot trailer with Ranger Side By Side on it, but only between speeds of 64 and 72. but truck drove great otherwise. Since I haul my trailer from time to time, I decided to trade my 2011 for a 2012 with the assistance of GM. My 2012 drives like a dream. Not sure what else to tell you other than a good set of tires may be the answer. Also, note that when putting the Michelin tires on my truck, the mechanics had to go thru 6 tires before finding 4 tires that they could adequately balance. Hope this helps you. I would suggest to you that if you are having these issues , I know how frustrating it can be to drive down the road feeling the vibrations, do not let some lazy mechanic or service manager tell you that there is no problem, stay after them, it can be fixed, if not then GM needs to work with you , fortunately they did so with me.

Quick Reply: Vibration Issues