Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

Vibration Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a call today from GM and was told the vibration is normal. Good luck trying to get any help from GM. I guess you DONT get what you pay for anymore!
Old May 23rd, 2012, 7:33 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> pearl,

Customer Service should have given you the number when you contacted them or they contacted you.

If you would prefer, PM me your name and address and I can look it up that way.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
CF Junior Member

I went to two other dealerships and two big tire chain stores and had the service managers drive this truck . They all said the same thing ,Not only is it not normal but it could be dangerous and needs to be checked as soon as possible. GM said this is a normal vibration for a 3500 dually and nothing can be done. So thats where I am at now. GM FIX MY TRUCK OR REPLACE IT!!!!!!!
Old May 26th, 2012, 6:31 AM
CF Beginner

Just an update we have another appointment with the dealer Tuesday and this time we have a claim # thanks to Louis. We'll see if we get any results I hope.
Old May 31st, 2012, 11:25 PM
CF Beginner

Jeeps had front end shimmy that was sometimes light but could be bad enough to be called "death wobble". It sounds similar to what you describe, came down to design fault. Weight of wheels/tires and slight road irregularity would start a harmonic shimmy that felt like a vibration that was not constant. Problem was finally traced to excessive flex in the various bushings like the A frames etc. What was happening was helped by truing rotors, balancing tires etc. etc. but did not solve the problem, harder bushings did.
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Anyone have any progress?
Old June 2nd, 2012, 6:11 AM
CF Beginner

Well we picked up our truck after a week of them having it and no problem found by the dealer. They drove it 10 miles with no vibration. NOW what!
Old June 2nd, 2012, 6:36 AM
CF Beginner

Maybe we should start a pole, so we can see if there is a common denominator. Is it happening to vehicles with 4wd, or Z71, or 20 in wheels,crew cab, 1500, 2500 etc. I don't know enough about these trucks yet, or I would start it. Might help figure it out.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 9:58 AM
CF Junior Member

Mine is an 2011 crew cab 2wd 5.3L 6 speed 1500 20" wheels
I have had road force balance, two tire replaces, alignment, balanced driveshaft
My wife says I'm being crazy
Mine is clearly in the rear of the truck and starts at 55
Old June 3rd, 2012, 1:30 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Sounds like GM undersized the axle bearings, I assume these are all dual wheel units?

Last edited by kevinkpk; June 3rd, 2012 at 1:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Vibration Issues