Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

wet feet

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2008, 8:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wet feet

Feet are not really getting wet but i seem to have a leak in the cab.It only trickles in and it is on both sides at the panel by my feet were the hood latch handle mounts and in the same place on the pass. side.I'm thinking windshield gasket but i had it sealed on the glass side and the body side.Does anyone know of something else in the front corner behind the fender that could be leaking?It only leaks in a hard rain or when i squirt it really hard with the water hose but it is still hard to pin point.The gasket is still pretty soft so the guy at the glass shop suggested trying to reseal it with that black windshield caulk but that doesn't seem to be working.I guess the next step is to pull the glass and either put in a new gasket or try to clean everything and seal it once more.Any suggestions?????? thanks guys
Old August 26th, 2008, 3:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: wet feet

well, it leaks anywhere it wants to, and then trickles down the decline, which is your pillar A, and drips down at the lowest point of it, which is exactly the area you desribe.
so, it might as well leak on the very top.
here's what you do. get ample supply of soapy water in a spray can. close windows down and put blower on to the max. if you have a/c, turn a/c to the max, as it brings blower to even higher rpms. then liberally spray soapy water all over the window seal and anywhere else it might cause the leak. now simply watch for bubbles to appear.
i have mine sealed 3 times, with following local patches, with silicone sealent. looks ugly, as durt stuck to it, but finally stopped the leak. mine was trickling down the rear view mirror.
fix it asap, as lord save you from it leaking onto the dashboard! too much electronics inside!

btw, if you gently pry the outside weatherstripping away from the glass, you'll see a huge gap. surprise!!