Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

What can I do with a non-responsive GM dealer?

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2014, 2:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang! that all really sucks! im sorry to hear about that! i think that the customer service problem sounds more of an individual problem though. You just got stuck with a bad dealer. Try and find someone else who will take a look at it for you! Dont give up!! aint no one that makes trucks like chevy!
Old March 22nd, 2014, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

@ chevy guy...
Yes, it hasn't been good...the real shame is I love the truck!
After getting GM involved, I now have an appt at the dealer on tuesday...Since they already did some work on it, OTHER dealers I've contacted are telling me that my original dealer needs to finish the engine issue...I guess it has happened where there was a workmanship issue at one dealer, someone has brought it somewhere else, and then the customer had to foot the bill because GM wouldn't cover it...seems weird to me, but I heard of more than one case this has happened...
We're not giving up on this...thanks for your thoughts.
Old March 25th, 2014, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Update:

After getting GM involved(I started a case with them on this truck), my dealer called me wanting to set up an appt. to go over my issues asap.

Although I had misgivings about it, other dealers were telling me that I need to let them take care of this issue that they had already started...

I dropped it off today(I wanted a rep there, but that got complicated-long story)...fingers crossed everyone!

I will post what ends up happening...here...for sure.

Thanks everyone for the support.
Old April 9th, 2014, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Update:
Two weeks ago yesterday, I dropped my truck off at my dealer...after GM social media contacted me, they started a case with GM...as soon as your dealer finds out there is a rep getting involved, things seem to happen!
Today, I picked up the truck - I now have a QUIET, NEW, 6.2 in my truck! They agreed that my motor was bad on the bottom end.
Thank you, GM social media!!!
They could not fix my Rosen Nav system however...they did give us some money to offset the cost(that we paid for!) to replace it with something else.
Guys, get GM involved, your dealer might not like it, but they are only hurting themselves(and GM!) by not getting your issues resolved for you.