Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

What a mistake

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2008, 8:30 AM
LTD10

Default What a mistake

I am the unfortunate owner of a 2007 NBS Silverado Vortex Max, 4x4. In the past there has always been a FORD truck in my driveway, but for this new model I read all the spin and hype on the new Silverado. I fell for it and bought one.

At first I loved it, fast and quick with style and grace, with that head turning appeal that we all want and desire. Well now I have CHEVY POS that is at the dealership having all the hydraulic lifters replaced, the throttle reprogrammed and so on. The bad part is that CHEVY knows about the problems and only put a service bulletins out on the problems. In other words if they don’t complain don’t do anything and hope it will go away, but if they complain hurry and replace before they complain too much. A POS truck from a POS company.

Now in 30+ years of Fords in my driveway this has never happened. I guess it boils down to if you want a street truck that turns heads then buy a CHEVY,(when it is not in the shop) if you want a working mans truck that is dependable then buy a FORD.
Since I live in San Antonio, Texas there was also a great opportunity to purchase Tundra from the plant here in town. But no I bought a big red TURKEY!!

Sorry about my comments and I am sure this post will be deleted, but you can not change the fact that at 10000 miles this Chevy spends most of its time in the shop. Maybe I can buy Ford to do my work with and keep the Chevy in the driveway to look good.

BUY A TOYOTA OR A FORD, hell for this much grief I could have bought a Dodge for a lot less, and at least expected it to be in the shop most of the time.
Old April 21st, 2008, 8:54 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What a mistake

well first off Fords have always sucked, the only chevrolet ford ever made was the mustang. ford trucks have always been ugly (except for the 40' and 50's models) underpowered and very uncomfartable.
the mistake you made was buying a first year of a new model. every company out there has problems with a new design FORD INCLUDED. look at the damn POS 6.0 diesel ford put out. anyways GM is the only way to go.
Get the stuff fixed and you wont have a problem. ive had my 06 chevy in the shop 6 times for minor things. annoying yes. my friends 07 ford, 15 i said 15 times in the shop. new motor mounts, new transmission twice. talk about a POS.

good luck to you.
Old April 21st, 2008, 9:01 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: bad2006z71

well first off Fords have always sucked, the only chevrolet ford ever made was the mustang. ford trucks have always been ugly (except for the 40' and 50's models) underpowered and very uncomfartable.
the mistake you made was buying a first year of a new model. every company out there has problems with a new design FORD INCLUDED. look at the damn POS 6.0 diesel ford put out. anyways GM is the only way to go.
Get the stuff fixed and you wont have a problem. ive had my 06 chevy in the shop 6 times for minor things. annoying yes. my friends 07 ford, 15 i said 15 times in the shop. new motor mounts, new transmission twice. talk about a POS.

good luck to you.
I gotta agree. My family has owned Ford products and they all stink!! I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado NBS with 10000+ miles and I have absolutely no problems whatsoever. Just because your truck is in the shop doesn't mean that ALL GM products are POS! Maybe you just got a "bad apple". But I understand that you are angry because your truck is pretty new. I hope everything works out for the best.
Old April 21st, 2008, 9:04 AM
Super Moderator

Maybeyou get the lemon law applied and get your money back?
Old April 21st, 2008, 9:20 AM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

Well 07 NBS 2500HD here with the 6.0L and no prob. at all
12,000 miles on it and over half of that is towing a trailer up and down in the
hills of West Virgina
no prob whats so ever.
only thing i have with it
is i want to turn on my cargo light with out my int. light comeing on
but its not a prob. just design prob. but i udnerstand ythey did that
Old April 21st, 2008, 9:41 AM
LTD10

Buy aFORD and be pleased, buy a Chevy and listen to excuses for why it is in the shop.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:17 AM
CF Active Member

Buy ANY first model year car and expect recalls, 07 NBS 1500 with 12000+ miles, been in the shop once for ajoint that was greased at the factory. Its the price you pay for having the newest looking truck on the block...
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:26 AM
LTD10

Yeah and my answer to the first years bluesis. "How many years has the 6.0 lit. engine been in use, or are you teling me that this is the first year it has been out". Just how many years does it take to get it right? I dont buy this new model blues argument. Garbage in garbage out. How many programers and yearsdoes it take to get the softwhare right on the throttle?

But I will admit your right about my want to have the new model year truck. I WAS WRONG!!
American car and truck makers just dont care about their products. They bought cheap lifters from someplace because some corperate bean counter came up with this idea and now they spend their money they saved trying to cover up their mistakes. God Bless Corperate America.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:33 AM
CF Active Member

The 6.0L engine with AFM has been in production starting in 2007.... so that would account for any engine problems with the throttle. As for the lifters, you probably nailed it, its not just corporate America, its any corporation who puts profits before their customers, which tends to be 90+% of the market. Rarely will you find a company that puts its customers before profit, but you will pay for it, example : Bugatti cars, a bugatti costs about 1.6 million to make, but they only sell for around 1 million. You pay through the nose, but you get a product thats worth every penny if thats what you want.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:55 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LTD, how about a picture of your invoice for your repair/warranty work once it is fixed and post it on this thread. This way we can see exactly what they had to fix, and to top that off it would provide some evidence that you do in facteven own a NBS silverado that has the above mentioned issues.

Quick Reply: What a mistake