Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

What a mistake

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What a mistake

Yeah the new fords are awsome, guy I work with has a 4.8 and the RIGHT BANK lost oil pressure and locked up, brand new. The guy who took him to the dealership to fix it has a 5.4l ford and the FORD MECHANIC told him its a POS and to sell it cause they are full of problems. When the dealership tells you its ford motors are crap, how can you talk **** about chevy? A welder in another company we did a job with bought a brand new ford f-350 diesel and drove it off the showroom floor, exactly 18 MILES down the road the oil pump broke and locked the motor up. WOW, great job ford. How about fords RE-engineering of Internationals diesel motor with twin turbo?? complete POS. Way to go Ford, two-thumbs up. Chevy's been outselling Ford for over 70 years... wonder why? You Ford retards can stay on your forums, stay out of ours, we're much happier without you.
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:39 PM
CF Active Member

well as much as i hate that companies put profitt before consumers, it is a fact of life. if you dont like it or american corporations then get the HELL out of america.
sometimes you get a bad apple and it would appear that you have. like i said my friends 07 model ford is a POS and has been in the shop twice as many times as my chevrolet and for far more involved work.

a guy at work has a 2007 tundra and it is a POS as well. yes it is extremely powerful but the gas mileage sucks and he has had it in the shop 5 or 6 times. so it isnt just american companies putting out products that arent the best.

again dont ever buy the first year of anything new. the vortec max 6.0 had been out for a few years but the AFM is new.
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:09 PM
LTD10

Emm seems now I am being doubted that I even own this truck.
OK I understand the mistrust and have attached a photo of the truck which by the way has been named DUKE.

As far as the repair bill, I will be happy to post it to the website.Nothing to hide there, hell I want to see it. But since the dealer has had the truck since last Tuesday and I will finially get it back tomorrow, that will have to wait for another post. They only havehad my truck for 5 days without a loaner, so this has become another issue. 04/22/08

For the record there are several repairs going on which also included
1. Replacement of drivers side seat rails because it would stick
2. Throttle reprograming
3. Rear electric window regulator broke and not working
4. Replace hyd. lifters

So my there is actually more wrong with a 1 year old truck then should be. I was just complaining about the enging problem.
It has 18000 miles on it, and tows a 16ft ut trailer back and forth to my ranch in S. Texas.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16983/D105F584C1CF4535A61328D518B22D9B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16983/20566D44E8E943D5A5FF5362581C80D1.jpg[/IMG]
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:30 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eaaaaaaaaaasssssssyyyy!!! When it comes down to it the big three trucks (or 4 now w/Toyota) put out good and bad. Ive only owned one Ford and the motor went under 20K but tons of people have great luck with Fords just like tons have great luck with Chevy. I love Chevy and will never buy anything else ever again- not a problem other than a switch on my 01.

You just got a bum truck probably put together by some dude hung over- they are on every assembly line out there.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 9:09 AM
LTD10

One thing is for sure about this entire mess that is for sure. Some of the members of this forum are helpfull, but then there are POS's like BAD2006Z1. Who is a flaming idiot.

I had a complaint about a Chevy truck so I posted my problems to vent my disapointment in spending over $35,000 on a truck.

AS far as the comment of getting out of America well let me tell you something dirt ball, go **** up a rope. I dont have to leave, and if I had my choice the Great State of TEXAS would leave this pitfull county and be on its own.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 9:16 AM
CF Active Member

See did i call you names? No i didnt i made a comment. you started complaining about america and its companies. if your going to get your panties in a bunch fine, be that way. seems like you want to be childish about it.

as far as your truck goes, sell it and buy a ford, most likely you will have problems out of it as well, just like all vehicles.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 9:24 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Thread locked. Too much conflict.
Old June 9th, 2011, 11:04 PM
CF Beginner

I have always owned chevys, and on occasion had ford. Never had problems wit chevys i couldnt fix, but ford flat out blows in any occasion that I have ever encountered. So I recommend; trade your chevy in for a POS and that will give some lucky fella a good truck now that you have dealt with any hiccups in that fine chevy. Stop whining like a 2 year old and deal with it. Cheers (respectfully)
Old June 10th, 2011, 1:32 PM
CF Beginner

What will it cost when you break off cheap Ford sparkplugs when you do a tuneup if you want to attempt to do any work inside that cramps engine compartment? Ford knows about the problem in the 2004/2005 model years yet they don't recall those F150's. Thats a $1,600 repair if one breaks off in the hole. Each truck as an Achilles. You need to look into the lemon laws of your state or try a new dealer.
Old June 11th, 2011, 12:28 AM
CF Beginner

i had a 1999 ford f250 with a 5.4 and the spark plugs arent that bad i did it you just cant be a musclehead retard and break them the only thing with the spark plugs was the cramped engine compartment which made the back two hard to reach and do it when the tune up is needed. ford chevys dodges all have their problems deal with it and quit acting like every other brand of vehicles are crap except the one you drive