Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2008, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wont Start

I have a 2002 2500 with a 6.0 and for the third time it has not stared. The first time it started 15 minutes later after doing nothing. The second time it started 5 hrs later after we got it off the towtruck and the 3rd time it has still not started. When you get in and put the key in everything is normal and when the key gets turned to the accessory position everything is normal, the lights come on on the dash, headlights, radio, everrything works fine. But when you try to crank the motor it does absolutely nothing. Not even a noise or a click or anything. After the second time i took it to two mechanics shops and they both were unable to find anything because the truck would not do anything wrong. They said it was not throwing any codes and they went over the keyless entry system and checked the battery, alternator, and the starter and everthing comes back good. They told me there is nothing i can do unless the truck is acting up while it is in the shop. Any Ideas
Old March 8th, 2008, 6:22 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Wont Start

Welcome to the forum!!! I would start by checking out the starter, maybe the starter is starting to go bad, or maybe a bad connectionin the ignition.
Old March 8th, 2008, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

i would check the starter silenoid. it sounds like it may be sticking.
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Just posted a reply to this in the general tech section.....
Old March 31st, 2008, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 03 2500 6.0 and mine did the same thing. I would pull the trailer to the job site and sometimes it would start and sometimes it wouldn't. I put a new battery in it and has never done it again and that was probably 7 months ago. I put the battery on a load tester and the battery tested ok. I don't know what the deal is with thatso I would start with that