Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

how do I post a question on forum?

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2016, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to post

New to site , how do I post
Old January 29th, 2016, 6:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Timed out in LG

I replaced my timing chains, tensionors, and guides, and I am having the same issue just 11,432 miles later. GM will not repair again, as it is a recurring issue, and it happened a couple days, yes I said A COUPLE DAYS out of the 1 yr, 12,000 warranty on the repair, keeping in mind I had put only 11,432 miles on the car in that time. There is nothing in writing on my repair order that says the repair is only good for 1 yr, 12,000 miles, and the Service mgr told me, as well as other mechanics I have spoken to, that I was not going to have this issue again, if we repaired. Since picking it up, I have had it back to the dealer for numerous issues, and check engine warnings. I have replaced the Shifter Assy, ECM, a thermostat, a couple vapor sensors, the gas cap, and now I need an instrument cluster due to the gas gauge sensor, and have lost power to my rear wiper motor. I now need front brake rotors and pads, AGAIN, I have to do once a year, and now have a antifreeze smell when driving.

I have found that this is the same engine that was recalled in the Caddy's, and is in some Acadia's, which has had the warranty extended to 120,000 for this issue.

I would think that a $3000.00 plus repair would last more than 11,000 miles, and am extremely offended that GM thinks I am an idiot, and do not know that this is a DEFECT!!!