Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

2008 Chevy Aveo 5dr. Hatch

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2019, 1:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2008 Chevy Aveo 5dr. Hatch

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, and just picked up a Chevy Aveo. Good news is, that it has low miles (115k) and a newish clutch and transmission (about 30k). Bought the car from a long time friend, and I know that all the work was done by the same mechanic that my parents take their cars to.

Now for the bad news:
Honestly, not that much is wrong with it. I do need some assistance and direction on what I should do for rear brakes.
Couple points, they're so rusted together that the wheels do not come off as it sat for about 8 months in the same spot. Also, that I'd like to upgrade them if I have to just replace the whole damn thing...on both sides.

So, my overall reason for coming here is to find out if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do, what parts I should consider, and not break my bank account in the process.

One more thing, is there anything I should be on the look out for? (i.e. head gasket issues, frame rotting points, specific things that happen to Aveos)

Thank you for spending your time reading, and I hope that I can get some guidance!