Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

2011 Aveo acceleration vibration...

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2011, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Aveo acceleration vibration...

We took our 2011 Aveo to GM service when an acceleration vibration became increasingly evident...our local GM service center ran it by Detroit because they could not find the cause....

should point out that it has not caused any performance problems...but it's "there", and it shouldn't be...our Aveo has 1500 miles on it.

Our service rep said GM is calling it a common problem that they are working on...

Does anyone have any updates on this?...or experiencing a similar problem? Thank you for any response.
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Danflorave,
Have you talked to customer assistance? Do you have a case number? If you do send it to me and I can look into it for you. I can also documented this for you and if I get any updates on this I will keep you posted.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old November 4th, 2011, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks!

Thank you very much, Breanne. I can get the case number Monday morning and forward it to you...can you leave me an address for response? Thanks, again.
Old December 10th, 2011, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by danflorave
We took our 2011 Aveo to GM service when an acceleration vibration became increasingly evident...our local GM service center ran it by Detroit because they could not find the cause....

should point out that it has not caused any performance problems...but it's "there", and it shouldn't be...our Aveo has 1500 miles on it.

Our service rep said GM is calling it a common problem that they are working on...

Does anyone have any updates on this?...or experiencing a similar problem? Thank you for any response.
Same problem with my 2011 LT. GM has basically told me to go away. I have been a LOYAL Chevy customer.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:19 AM
CF Beginner

I am seriously considering filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 9:40 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> wplanck,

I would like to investigate this further. Have you set up a case with Customer Assistance yet? Have you taken the vehicle in for a diagnosis? Could you please PM me a description of your problem along with your VIN number so I can proceed?

I look forward to your response.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> wplanck,

I would like to investigate this further. Have you set up a case with Customer Assistance yet? Have you taken the vehicle in for a diagnosis? Could you please PM me a description of your problem along with your VIN number so I can proceed?

I look forward to your response.

Louis
GM Customer Service
I've done all I know to do, including Customer Assistance and technical support, with several phone calls and 3 trips to the service dept. at the dealer. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I have personally aided this dealer in selling nearly 20 new Chevy's since 2003, including 6 this year. I have never filed a complaint with the BBB until now. Thanks.
Old June 11th, 2012, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy Same Problem

I have a 2011 Aveo5 Lt Hatchback. I have taken it in twice. Once for the A/C and the other for the pulsating feeling you get when you drive steady at 45-50 mph. They fixed the A/C, had something to do with a spacer. The second trip they replace the spark plugs and wiring. The car still has a pulsating feeling when you get up to 45 mph. Has anyone else had this issue? Please let me know if there was a fix....... this is getting frustrating. The vehicle only has 15000 miles on it.
Old June 12th, 2012, 9:37 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Steel49er,

Alignment? Engine mount? It can be difficult to determine without an inspection. Does the "pulsation" get worse the more you accelerate?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default Aveo Pulsation

It's a steady pulsation when you reach 45-50 mph. The feeling is like a tug not so much a vibration. I say pulsation due to the push pull feeling.....

Quick Reply: 2011 Aveo acceleration vibration...