Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

2012 Sonic LT does not crank -Please help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old October 13th, 2017, 9:15 AM
LHP
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2012 Sonic LT does not crank -Please help!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

My 2012 Automatic Sonic LT does not crank at all. When I turn the key to START, all the lights on the dash go out. The battery is good and all electronics seem to working fine. I checked the wires going to the starter and they look good. Any help would be appreciated.
Old November 10th, 2017, 11:32 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your fuses and relays. In doing so, check the ECM/PCM fuse ( label on fuse box cover will identify each fuse and relay). If your Theft Deterrent dash light is on, then your module is preventing your engine from cranking over. You can try to relearn your module if the light is on. It will take three times of trying to turn the engine over using 10 second intervals between turning off the key and then trying to crank. Lot's of reasons your that your engine won't turn over. But, those are the first things you my want to check as they are the easiest.
Old November 11th, 2017, 7:00 AM
LHP
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Yogi, for your advice. I found the problem: one of the wiring harnesses going to the ECM did not fully connect. I unplugged it and connected it again by making sure it made full contact with the ECM. Car has been work fine ever since.

Take care!

LHP