Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Daylight Running Lights Fuse

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2015, 3:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Daylight Running Lights Fuse

Hi,
I have searched for similar threads and I found a few older ones but all seem to be unanswered.
I have a 2013 Aveo (I'm not in the US). I thought my right low beam was burned so I changed it. It still doesn't work, I cross-tested them so I decided it could be a fuse.
I wasn't able to find a fuse for Low Beam or for DRL or for Daylight Running Light, not here (https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da.../2k13sonic.pdf) or in my original printed manual (non-english one).
I find that weird.
As a sidenote, I don't see anything in there for the turn signals for example. I'm pretty sure they need at least a relay to blink, right?

So, in short, the manual or the caps of both fuse boxes DO NOT list any fuse for low beams or DRL's or DLR's.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Old November 9th, 2015, 4:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I rechecked and compared with the manual. I don't have the Auto option for the DRL so what I have is basically classical settings: parking lights (not sure this is the term in english), Low Beam and Fog (and you switch the High beam using the lever next to the driving wheel).
So even more I would expect some sort of fuse or relay for the Low Beam headlights and some all-around nameless DRL system relay, right?