Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Replacing Automatic Transmission Valve Body Cover

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2018, 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Automatic Transmission Valve Body Cover

So my girlfriend hit a ladder on the highway yesterday and I saw that she had cracked her Automatic Transmission Valve Body Cover so I decided to replace it. I've drained the transmission fluid and removed all of the bolts but I can't undo the connector on it and have found nothing online about it... Somebody, PLEASE help.
Attached Thumbnails Replacing Automatic Transmission Valve Body Cover-dam-chevy.png  
Old March 4th, 2018, 10:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by zrios
So my girlfriend hit a ladder on the highway yesterday and I saw that she had cracked her Automatic Transmission Valve Body Cover so I decided to replace it. I've drained the transmission fluid and removed all of the bolts but I can't undo the connector on it and have found nothing online about it... Somebody, PLEASE help.
Some of the connectors they use are complicated these days. As for the crack, have you thought about using something like JB Weld? If you can get the surface
clean, this stuff works like magic.
Old March 5th, 2018, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have thought about it but it's more than a crack, it's actually a chunk missing.