Spark Originally known as the Beat, , this Daewoo Matiz based 5 door hatchback is newest to the Chevrolet lineup

Chevrolet Spark

AC vent actuator replacement guide or video?

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2018, 9:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC vent actuator replacement guide or video?

Hello. I've identified that the clicking noise from the glovebox of my car is due to a broken actuator part. What I haven't found is an instructional video to guide myself.

Anyone knows if there is one or probably a detailed guide on how to replace this part?:

Thanks.
Old August 7th, 2018, 11:45 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mferrusca
Hello. I've identified that the clicking noise from the glovebox of my car is due to a broken actuator part. What I haven't found is an instructional video to guide myself.

Anyone knows if there is one or probably a detailed guide on how to replace this part?:

Thanks.
The part is available here:

https://www.carid.com/2014-chevy-spa...%5D%5B%5D=1.2L

Its usually on the side of the climate control air box, held on by three screws. I'd scoot the seats back, pull the glovebox out, and any other covers and find it. I don't see a diagram or exploded view of the location. Usually takes a 5.5 mm socket.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; August 8th, 2018 at 12:04 AM.
Old August 8th, 2018, 9:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
The part is available here:

https://www.carid.com/2014-chevy-spa...%5D%5B%5D=1.2L

Its usually on the side of the climate control air box, held on by three screws. I'd scoot the seats back, pull the glovebox out, and any other covers and find it. I don't see a diagram or exploded view of the location. Usually takes a 5.5 mm socket.
Yeah, I finally took the time and a LED lamp to see the broken plastic ring in action, jumping in place instead of moving the vent in one step. I'll take a good look at it before moving anything. I don't want to end up removing huge chunks of the dash (doubtful, I know). Hopefully I won't have any drama and it'll be a breeze.

Thanks!