Spark Originally known as the Beat, , this Daewoo Matiz based 5 door hatchback is newest to the Chevrolet lineup

Chevrolet Spark

Problem with sound system?

Old January 9th, 2013, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Problem with sound system?

Twice, while I have been running errands in my Spark, the media console has refused to turn on and my car has stopped making any noises (like the turn indicator lights blink but don't click, warning bells don't bing for not having my seat belt on, etc.). The car was warm, but the weather outside was cold. If I turn the car off and on again, all of the systems are fine (except that the temperature reading comes up as "-"). I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Both days when it happened have been below freezing and I'm fearful that the super modern technology is not up to cold Chicago winter standards...
Old January 15th, 2013, 2:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mnnoop
Twice, while I have been running errands in my Spark, the media console has refused to turn on and my car has stopped making any noises (like the turn indicator lights blink but don't click, warning bells don't bing for not having my seat belt on, etc.). The car was warm, but the weather outside was cold. If I turn the car off and on again, all of the systems are fine (except that the temperature reading comes up as "-"). I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Both days when it happened have been below freezing and I'm fearful that the super modern technology is not up to cold Chicago winter standards...
mnnoop,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Spark vehicle. I have researched your vehicle, however, there are currently no known issues as you’ve described available at this time. Have you had the vehicle inspected for this issue yet?

Please feel free to contact me privately if you have additional questions or concerns.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 27th, 2013, 9:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default Problem with sound

nice car.my friend has bought this car,he told me,the features of that car it has remote control but one bad thing about thus car that is sound system.the sound of that car is miserable as compare to another car.
Old June 17th, 2013, 6:12 AM
CF Beginner

Most amplifiers should also be mounted horizontally so that the amp can radiate heat correctly.
Old April 6th, 2015, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Amari0000
nice car.my friend has bought this car,he told me,the features of that car it has remote control but one bad thing about thus car that is sound system.the sound of that car is miserable as compare to another car.
I do agree, having had my Spark since March 2013 and been in countless rentals since then (engine issues plagued my Spark). The Spark sound system is the equivalent of an old clock radio. I wish they had the option to upgrade it to something premium from the factory.