Spark Originally known as the Beat, , this Daewoo Matiz based 5 door hatchback is newest to the Chevrolet lineup

Chevrolet Spark

Problem with USB Music Albums

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2017, 3:20 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with USB Music Albums

I have encountered what seems to be a programming error on the MyLink radio in my '14 Spark. After the "Chime Update" on my radio I began noticing that when playing music albums from a USB memory stick, when the ignition is turned off, and the driver exits the vehicle, the radio forgets where it was in the sequence of songs that were playing. Instead of playing the next song in the selected album, it reverts back to the same song every time.
The reason I believe it is a programming error, is because the exact same thing happens on my '15 Sonic, which also has the MyLink radio.
For anyone wanting to verify this problem, here is a sequence to try, using a USB drive with several MP3 albums on it.

Start with the ignition on, and with the USB drive plugged in. Press "Source" and choose "USB". Make sure that "all" is selected for sequence, and randomize is turned off.
  1. Press "Menu", choose "albums", and select an album in the middle of the listing. Select the first song in the album. The song should begin to play.
  2. Let the song play till about 20 seconds are left on the song.
  3. Turn the ignition off, get out of the car, and pretend to pump gas into the tank.
  4. Get back into the car. Insert the key and turn on the ignition.
  5. The song that was previously playing continues to the end. When it finishes, the second song on the first album on the USB drive begins to play.
This is unique to the MyLink radio. I have an MP3 enabled radio in my 2007 Cobalt, (original equipment) and it does not do this. When I leave the car, and come back later, it starts where it left off, and then continues on to the next song in sequence in whatever album was playing when I left the car. I can say the same for the radio in my '91 Mazda Miata, and an aftermarket radio in my '86 Fiero.

I certainly hope that Chevrolet will address this problem, as I am getting tired of listening to that particular song, as well as the rest of that particular album.