Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

"NEW" Power Fold Mirrors!!!

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2007, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "NEW" Power Fold Mirrors!!!

There is a new idea coming around the bend! You don't even have to press a button to fold your outside mirrorsinward or outward anymore! Check out this U.S. Patent at www.uspto.gov

The patent # is 7,224,265

Int. Cl. B60Q 1/00 (2006.01)

U.S. Cl. 340—436[340/686.6; 340/825.72]
4 Claims

2. A system comprising an onboard transmitter and a remote transmitter for repositioning motor vehicle accessory exterior rear view power fold mirrors inward toward the vehicle and outward to the driving position, and for opening and closing a garage door, wherein the onboard transmitter operates independently from the remote transmitter when the motor vehicle is out of range of the remote transmitter, and wherein the remote transmitter is contiguous within the frequency of the onboard transmitter for the purposes of opening and closing the garage door and repositioning the mirrors, and wherein the remote transmitter is adjustable with regard to the distance at which repositioning takes place as the motor vehicle approaches and retreats from the garage door.

Check it out! Call GM! Tell them you want it!
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Received 159 Likes on 157 Posts
Default RE: "NEW" Power Fold Mirrors!!!

Since you are in Blue Springs, you wouldn't happen to know Mr. Kirk B. Urick?
Old August 23rd, 2007, 8:45 AM
CF Beginner

How lazy can we get?(Come to think of it, my arm and finger is getting pretty tired of gently pushing those buttons twice a day.)

Also, maybe when I stop home for 5 minutes, I don't acutally want the door to go up. Or maybe it's already up, will it then go down? Maybe I back into my garage to park, meaning I will require the use of my side view mirrors when backing in. Dumb!

What I really want is an extendable mirror for towing. I hate my clip-on tow mirrors since they are not adjustable electrically, and vibrate pretty bad in the wind.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

Yes, I know Mr. Urick.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** now makes the 07 tahoe extendable mirrors (code #10900). They fit much better than the clip on ones and install so much easier.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for that information. I expect those would be better than the clip ons.

I would still prefer that my stock mirrors extended outward. That would be perfect since they would be adjustable electrically, and one less thing I need to store when not towing.
Old August 28th, 2007, 6:16 AM
CF Beginner

Koppja,

There are ways to back in your garage without having the mirrors fold in. There is a manual switch for the exception (you would be the exception). There are also are safeguards to alow for the garage door being up or out of sync. This is not for the lazy, as much as it is for the forgetful ordistracted drivers. Since I have done surveys for Mr. Urick, I have found as others have found too, that people tend to damage their mirrors due to forgetfulness and not paying attention to what they are doing, more than your situation. Backing into a garage is somewhat dificult in itself. So you are paying close attention. Driving with a cell phone in one hand and a cup of coffee or a coke in the other with a soccer team filling the SUV with screaming and distractions is another story!
Old August 28th, 2007, 9:25 AM
CF Active Member

Would it be correct to assume this is your patent, or that you are somehow financially invovled?
Old August 28th, 2007, 3:57 PM
CF Beginner

Gixxer,

Involved, deeply involved. But for Mr. Urick"s sake, I hope it sells!
Old August 28th, 2007, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Well, I wish you well Sir. I admire entrepreneurism.

However, IMHO, if someone is driving with a cell phone in one hand, and a drink in the other (IE with no hands), while transporting such precious cargo as children (I assume that's what you meant when you referenced a soccer team), then such a person should consider themselves lucky to only have a broken mirror. They deserve the cost of the repair, and more!

I'm just joking - can't help myself. Seriously,good luck with your endevour.

Although, I hope it never becomes part of an LT3 package - costing me more money for features I wouldn't use. I'm already paying for some silly ultrasonic backup system, whichisn't very useful. If you can't handle driving a vehicle this large, buy a Aveo!

Cheers...

Quick Reply: "NEW" Power Fold Mirrors!!!