Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

$100 yeah!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2008, 10:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default $100 yeah!!!

So I filled up my tank today and it exceeded $100. Nice. Time to think about it folks.
Old May 29th, 2008, 10:18 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: $100 yeah!!!

What are we supposed to be thinking about Bimmer??? I've been leaving the Tahoe home a lot when I can take my gas sipper. (96 Taurus w/ 3.0 6 cyl.) It gets great highway mileage (34.8) if you hold at exactly 60. I'm hoping gas drops again after this latest bubble or the hydrogen guys actually have something that works as an add on.(Do a search onhydrogen here) I don't have much faith in it but I'm hoping someone is brighter then the others.What else can you do if you like to leave for the lake every weekend and don't want to be $100 a week poorer?

G..
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Look at the really big picture, yeah we feel it in the pocket but waht is it doing to the auto industry the big 3 are going to hurting in sales, some may say is serves um right for not changing but if you work for GM or Ford and theyhave to lay you off becasue vehicles are notselling think about how that is going to hurt when theyhave to fill up....
and it cascades to every supplier of those company's. We are looking at a serious economic crash headed for the American people.
I just hope this bubble burst before it gets any worse, hopfully after the election things will settle down but then again they could get even worse(r)
I don't my tank empty I fill up at 1/2 and I tell myself Im really filling up an empty tank then $50 isnt so bad....lol
Old May 29th, 2008, 1:46 PM
CF Active Member

Everyone wants to complain about gas prices. When you bought the car you knew what you were getting into. I didn't buy my Tahoe due to gas mileage. I bought it because its the vehicle I wanted. I knew it wasn't going to be easy on gas. And in reality, gas here isn't as bad as it is most places. I'm more concerned about the cost of everything at the damn grocery stores!

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/international/usgas_price/

http://www.cockeyed.com/science/gallon/liquid.html <-- I'm sure a lot of you drink Budweiser and Red Bull!
Old May 29th, 2008, 2:31 PM
CF Active Member

Same here -- I bought my Tahoe because it was the vehicle I wanted.

I have to pay the same $/per gallon regardless of what I drive. I did a cost analysis before I purchased my Tahoe and I knew in advance how much extra I would need each week in order to drive a Tahoe.

Gas prices are only a part of the picture.I'll refrain from my rant regardingspeculatorsand theirhighly leveraged investments such as futures and options.
Old May 29th, 2008, 3:16 PM
CF Active Member

Yeah, but many of these countries that are paying high gas prices...that is where most of the countries tax income comes from. Not like here where we get taxed not only on our paychecks but everything else under the sun. Also we have the worst public transportation options in the world....and some of these countries pay little for healthcare because of there huge taxes on there fuel. It's more then just saying....."we have been paying so little compared to...."

But I do agree with you about the prices at the food stores.......not good

ORIGINAL: jophilpott

Everyone wants to complain about gas prices. When you bought the car you knew what you were getting into. I didn't buy my Tahoe due to gas mileage. I bought it because its the vehicle I wanted. I knew it wasn't going to be easy on gas. And in reality, gas here isn't as bad as it is most places. I'm more concerned about the cost of everything at the damn grocery stores!

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news...l/usgas_price/

http://www.cockeyed.com/science/gallon/liquid.html <-- I'm sure a lot of you drink Budweiser and Red Bull!
Old May 29th, 2008, 8:38 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Same folks that complain about gas prices think nothing about $1 for a small plastic bottle of water (tap in some cases). How about printer ink? It's about $5,000/gallon. []
Old May 29th, 2008, 9:04 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Same folks that complain about gas prices think nothing about $1 for a small plastic bottle of water (tap in some cases). How about printer ink? It's about $5,000/gallon. []

That aint no lie, last time I bought some the salesman was wearing and eye patch and had a parrot on his shoulder....dang near gouged me with his hook
Old May 29th, 2008, 9:10 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

You're lucky he didn't kick you with his peg leg.
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Folks, do not get me wrong. I love my Tahoe so bad I sold my other cars just to have an excuse to drive it everyday. Thank god we still can afford the gas prices.

Quick Reply: $100 yeah!!!