Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

***GASOLINE!!!! out of exhaust muffler***

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2012, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ***GASOLINE!!!! out of exhaust muffler***

Hi Everyone,

My 1999 2wd TAhoe is filing evry plug in it Began with bosch+4 and currently have delco iridiums in. Motor is filing plugs and runs horribly with gasoline coming out of exhaust until it stalls out. Changed fuel regulator ran fine for 60 seconds and did the exact same thing all over. Some are saying its a spark issue so I did compression test and everythings seems fine. PLease help ME. im losing my mind I've changed crank sensor cam sensor ignition coil ICM Knock sensor EGR. Everything but Spider and fuel pump and i doubt its fuel pump because its spitting out an abundance and while upper plenum was off changing regulator turned ignition switch and couldnt see no visible leaks so I just dont know where to go HELLLLLLLP?
Old April 15th, 2012, 7:17 PM
CF Senior Member

You could have some poppets leaking or stuck open,what where the compression numbers,if you have good spark on all the cylinders junk the old spider and get the upgrade amazon has a good price on them
Old April 15th, 2012, 7:17 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

STRESSED412 Welcome to the forum
How does the spray look coming out of the injectors of the TB.
It should be very conical in shape, the injectors should not drip or leak in any way....
Take off the air cleaner and watch the injectors spray as it is running or while someone is cranking it... be careful no to get too close to it should it back fire
Old April 15th, 2012, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

THANKs PRO and RoCK
THE compression test was pretty much uniform. And the poppets appeared fine but thats what i was gonna try tomorrow turning the key and seeing if any poppets spray different from the rest.

Last edited by STRESSED412; April 15th, 2012 at 8:09 PM.