Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

“Service Suspension System” intermittently - how urgent?

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2021, 5:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default “Service Suspension System” intermittently - how urgent?

I have a 2021 Suburban Premier, 5.3L, so NOT the air-leveling suspension. The “Service Suspension System” message is showing intermittently last couple weeks in the info center. I need to drive a long road trip starting tomorrow (up the East Coast); but all my local dealers are hugely backlogged for service. Finally got it in to one, but after 3 days they haven’t even looked at it yet. So now I have to decide if I go pick up my truck go for it and hope for the best and try to get this looked at again after my trip in a week; or if this is the kind of thing I need to blow up a few days of planned family vacation for and tell the kids we’re stuck waiting for the car to get fixed. Appreciate any insights/experience anyone might have. (Oh, and if it’s relevant, mine also had the lifter rod issue that a lot of people have - they were all replaced after several weeks in the shop a couple months ago. Needless to say, this has not been a positive ownership experience for a car that’s still only 7 months old.)

Last edited by frontera2021; August 4th, 2021 at 5:45 PM.