Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

01 suburban 2500 engine miss at cruise??

Search this Thread

Old October 13th, 2007, 6:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 suburban 2500 engine miss at cruise??

i'm new to the board and hoping i can get some ideas on a few problems. 2001 burb 2500 4x4 bought new and service by the book,160,000 trouble free miles to this point. the big problem is recently the engine has developed a hesitation and/or miss at cruise speed. when this first happened i thought it was the convertor locking and unlocking. when this happens its at cruise speeds of 45+ when the trans has dropped into overdrive and throttle is 1/4 or so. when this starts it feels like the engine spits and sputters or for a lack of better words "fish bites" it never really develops a pronounced miss but there is a loss of power and the surging of the engine. we have just finished a service before the problem started, new oil, air, fuel filters. new plugs, wires, water pump, all belts, all hoses, you get the picture it was a major service. this problem did not surface right away, but started almost a month afer service so i dont think i was anything due to that. i had an extra set of coils that i installed, did not make any difference.[] this problem is sporadic also, you may drive a week and never have a problem, then the next day it's at it again. engine has never died, always starts although it seems to be a little rough at idle on startup. i have just put injector cleaner in yesterday to see what happens. if this does'nt work i need some help i'm lost on this one.

2nd problem, the abs and emergancy brake lights come on and stay on together. again this is a sporadic problem. any ideas?

3rd problem, service ride control light flashes. i dont feel any different ride since the light is on. i have read that the air pumps on these give trouble. is this telling me that the pump is having issues or is there a service procedure for this system?

sorry for the long post, love the burb and want to put many more miles on her. just need a little help on this one. thanks guys!