Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

04 Burb interior lights stay on, doors lock/unlock while driving..

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2009, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Burb interior lights stay on, doors lock/unlock while driving..

While driving my 04 Burb, the interior lights came on, the doors were locking/unlocking every few seconds, and "Driver Door Ajar" message appeared on dash. Lights stay on while driving and the doors do not lock when shifted out of park. Had to disconnect battery cables in order for lights to go off. Never had much trouble with this vehicle. Help please!
Old October 19th, 2009, 5:15 PM
CF Beginner

Take it to autozone and have them scan the pcm, see if some error code shows up.
Old July 16th, 2011, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 4grlzma
While driving my 04 Burb, the interior lights came on, the doors were locking/unlocking every few seconds, and "Driver Door Ajar" message appeared on dash. Lights stay on while driving and the doors do not lock when shifted out of park. Had to disconnect battery cables in order for lights to go off. Never had much trouble with this vehicle. Help please!

Can you please tell me if you have ever found a sloution to this problem? I am having the exact same issue. Thanks!
Old July 16th, 2011, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 4grlzma
Can you please tell me if you have ever found a sloution to this problem? I am having the exact same issue. Thanks!
Old July 27th, 2011, 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

has anybody found the solution to the problem? i also have a burb 04 and just yesterday while driving my " passenger ajar door " came on
Old July 28th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

This thread is almost two years old. Sounds like a possible wire shorting or going open or bad switch.
Old July 28th, 2011, 8:27 AM
CF Beginner

These sounds like CLASSIC symptoms for a bad "body control module" on my now-gone 2004 Impala. I'm not sure if the Suburbans have the same set up, but that would be MY first search out after having the truck scanned for any "codes".

Just a thought......