Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1997 Chevy Camaro DRIVING LIGHTS STAY ON ?

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2010, 12:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 1997 Chevy Camaro DRIVING LIGHTS STAY ON ?

Having an interesting issue with a Camaro I just purchased. The driving lights will come on during the day when I start the vehicle and stay on. Something I noticed tonight is when I started the vehicle this evening at night when it was dark the lights did NOT immediately come on as they do during the day. NOW I am aware this car is equipped with a sensor that detects lighting conditions and engages the driving lights when it gets dark. Is it possible this sensor reversed itself ?? Anyone had this issue and am I capable of fixing it myself and any idea how much to repair ?? ( Who's dumb idea was it to put that kind of sensor on a car )
Old November 11th, 2010, 4:27 AM
CF Beginner

Alright after a few weeks I found a way to answer my own question and I hope it helps anyone else who has this issue with GM's. The DRL Module (Daylight Running Module) which is located behind the radio does go bad. It controls more than just your lights though. Here is a link of what you CAN do in case you experience the same issue I had.

http://xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html

it is detail for detail with pics on how to maniulate the DRL module to only allow your headlights to come on when YOU activate them and no longer when it gets dark or if they are stuck staying on.
Old March 28th, 2015, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default left front blinker not working

I have a 97 Camaro RS. My front left blinker would not light up, although the indicator worked. I found there was no power to the blue wire going to the left light. After discovering this forum / topic and seeing that the DRL module can cause other issues, I pulled the board out. I found cold solder joints on that module. There were about 3 solder points that I needed to solder (sorry for no pics). After I re-soldered the front left blinker worked.