Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 Chevy Suburban Rear Brake Lights stay on

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2014, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Chevy Suburban Rear Brake Lights stay on

So, the other day I was driving behind my wife who was driving our 2010 Suburban and noticed all three rear brake lights were illuminated. I called her and made sure she wasn't riding the brakes and she wasn't. I researched similar problems on websites and found many suggestions to replace the brake light switch. So I did that and am still experiencing the same issue. Rear brake lights are illuminated after turn key even if I unplug the brake switch. They do not illuminate if the vehicle is off. Got underneath and followed the wires and grounds and don't see anything out of the ordinary. A few days prior I received a stabilitrak message advising to have it serviced and it was off. That message has come and gone without any new messages. The night prior to me noticing the brake lights were stuck on, I accidentally hit a raccoon that decided to play chicken with me. I won.... I've stumped my friends, myself and other people. Need help. Oh and I did check the fuses and took off both terminals to my battery for several minutes before hooking it back. Thoughts? Other postings similar seem to be a different problem than mine