Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

04 sub fuel pump with updated parts question

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2015, 7:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 sub fuel pump with updated parts question

Reading up about my issue with the fuel gauge being inaccurate and loss of power hard / no start and so on I found a tsb that describes my issues completely I mean every detail described is what is happening. It's Bulletin No.: 04-06-04-012C

Any how it says not to replace the fuel pump itself but to replace the strainers and sensor and provides the part numbers for both.

My question is I have just shy of 200k on the truck it wouldn't hurt replacing the whole module since I'm going that far any way. My question is and I cannot get an answer is if I went to Napa or Advance auto and purchase a delco fuel pump would it come with the revised parts since the bulletin is from 2006 I'd imagine so but I've had a similar issue with a power steering pump where it was updated but I could not get it as a packaged unit I had to purchase the revised part (one way valve was added) separately.

Any one have a answer for me please? And thank you.
Old April 11th, 2015, 7:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

I do not know if the sending unit parts are updated for the aftermarket parts. I'm betting they are as the tsb was released in 2006. Even if its not updated, a new unit will fix the problem.

Smart to replace the complete module for a 11 year old pump will probably fail 2 months later if you just replace the sending unit...if your luck is like mine.
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my luck defiantly is. Just had the hub assembly bearing go on the driver side and knowing better and reading others post I only replaced that side. 2 weeks later I'm at it again on the other side. Thank you for the reply I already purchased the pump so I'm glad I don't have to take it back and re order parts. Stupid z models with there flex fuel.... Just an excuse to jack up all the prices. I can't even get ethanol in my area closest pump is over a hundred miles away!