Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Fuel Pump Keeps running

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2015, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Keeps running

Got an issue here that I haven't had any luck in finding a solution for... YES, I've tried the searches on several forums....

My wife has a 2001 Chevy Suburban LT, 4x2; this last Thursday night she came home, shut off the truck & upon removing the key, some thing kept whining under the truck. Once I got home, listened to the sound & laid down under the middle of the drivers side I determined it was the fuel pump.

I've read about the Oil Pressure Sensor being related to this is some capacity, but during some trouble shooting today, I don't think it is. I unplugged the Oil Pressure Sensor & the pump started running again, once the positive was reconnected at the battery.

Other Google searches have made mention of a Fuel pump flow control module, but I have yet to find any posts that talk about it causing the fuel pump to run constantly even when the keys are out of the ignition.

I really could use some assistance.

Thanks
Old April 12th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I'd be willing to bet that the fuel pump relay is stuck on, unplug the fuel pump relay...
Old April 12th, 2015, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulled the "F/PMP" relay & the pump is still running when I reconnect the Positive on the Battery.....
Old April 12th, 2015, 1:50 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Have you done any work recently what so ever under the hood or on the vehicle? there used to be a by-pass wire on the fuel pump for the previous body style that you could by-pass the fuse to power up the fuel pump but I don't think it was on the 2001 but it could be... the wire was bundled up near the fuse box but it would have to be intentionally connected....