Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

04 Suburban crank with no spark

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2019, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Suburban crank with no spark

I have a 2004 Suburban 2500 8.1 liter. About two weeks ago it died on my wife while driving down the freeway. We towed it home and I replaced the fuel pump and it fired right up so I assumed the problem was done. Next morning went out to start it up and it did not start after cranking it 2-3 times it fired up. Went for a drive and pulled over for gas and once again would not start. Started checking grounds and fuses and desperately shaking harnesses to see if it was a loose wire or something but nothing was working so called my dad to come pull me home while waiting I’d let it sit and tried off and on every 5-15 minutes and one after doing that for about 20 minutes it fired up so I started hauling home and about five minutes later it cut out while driving pulled over and did the same thing trying it here and there and it started again got it home and shut it off and have not been able to start it since. I have now replaced the fuel pump, ignition switch, crank sensor and have ran new grounds, it is pulling a U0107 code which is lost communication with TCM that I think is my next step unless someone has any advice they can throw my way.
Old May 27th, 2019, 9:25 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

I suspect faulty fuel pump. I believe on these that if after a few seconds that the oil pressure is low that it shuts off power to the fuel pump.

Might be time to take to a shop.
Old June 10th, 2019, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusser
I suspect faulty fuel pump. I believe on these that if after a few seconds that the oil pressure is low that it shuts off power to the fuel pump.

Might be time to take to a shop.
I'd recognize that avatar anywhere, you're from the Samba forums.