Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2005 Yukon Denali XL AWD thread

Old June 8th, 2019, 5:11 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2005 Yukon Denali XL AWD thread

Replaced rear pads and had one rear rotor turned. Free exchange of Wagner OEX975 pads through O'Reilly lifetime. Rear right looked fine, as pads were replaced 20K ago and right rear rotor turned then; maybe because Mrs. Cusser tows a horse with this. Front pads also looked great. Mrs. Cusser will reward me.

Yukon goes to mechanic Monday for intermittent blower fan running and occasional failure of blower motor too shut off; blower resistor is too expensive and complicated wiring, not just a plug in, for me to guess and throw parts at....

I'll ask mechanic about the oil pressure sender and the screen underneath it, and the occasional "oil pressure low" warning she gets that does disappear (oil pressure gauge works fine).
Old June 8th, 2019, 10:07 PM
CF Monarch

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why machine just one rotor?...your in there...give the other side a skim to ensure there is no runout.
Old June 9th, 2019, 9:20 AM
CF Active Member

Right rear rotor was turned 20K ago, looked fine now. Damm 18mm socket needed to remove the rotor, thanks GM !!! Don't tell me that this wasn't done intentionally to dissuade home mechanics.
Old June 9th, 2019, 11:17 AM
CF Monarch

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i reason it like this. I have no test data to prove this is fact. I prefer to keep my rotors near the same thickness...they will dissipate heat the same...maintaining the same co-efficient of friction... when they are worked hard...you want balanced braking
Old June 10th, 2019, 5:42 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Cusser View Post
Yukon goes to mechanic Monday for intermittent blower fan running and occasional failure of blower motor too shut off; blower resistor is too expensive and complicated wiring, not just a plug in, for me to guess and throw parts at....
Mechanic installed new blower resistor and new blower fan, should be fixed now. 1 hour labor plus parts. He said blower resistor typically fails because the blower fan is going bad.

When I spun the factory blower motor, it did not spin as long as it should have.

Originally Posted by Cusser View Post
I'll ask mechanic about the oil pressure sender and the screen underneath it, and the occasional "oil pressure low" warning she gets that does disappear (oil pressure gauge works fine).
Mechanic said he wouldn't bother replacing the oil pressure sender as long as the gauge reads fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: